Export Client Logistics Reefer Specialist
UWL is currently hiring an Export Client Logistics Reefer Specialist to join our growing team in Seattle, WA or in Long Beach, CA. This resource can also be located in Oakland, CA!
The Export Client Logistics Reefer Specialist will coordinate with parties and processes involved in outbound services. To provide close liaison with sales to support and promote export tradelane under the UWL’s equipment program. Provide close local liaison to port operations team, contracted marine terminal, UWL equipment control team, and customer dray fleets where appropriate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Order Processing: Receives documents and initiates logging process, confirms data received is in compliance with all US Customs requirements
- Processes all documents in accordance with US Customs requirements, coordinates cargo availability and arranges pick-ups and finalizes billing and document distribution as required.
- Responsible for daily management of UWL customer base moving Reefers on dedicated charter equipment
- Prepares export declarations and related Bills of Lading in Ocean Export
- Coordinates the outbound movement of international shipments
- Provides expertise and resources to coordinate “ship points” as assigned
- Maintains considerable dialogue within many organizations and outside customers (vendors, carriers), including participation meetings
- Operation within a team environment, to include joint decision-making problem-solving and accountability
- Shipment status reporting: Review and daily monitoring, ensures all measurements standards are met
- Displays quick thinking and problem-solving skills to provide the most efficient solution to clients and customers
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years in customer service and Export experience
- 1-2 years of operational reefer experience required: understanding and knowledge of the booking process, temperature setting, documentation, claim procedures of reefer containers.
- 1-2 years of hazmat handling experience preferred: knowledge of the 9 classes of dangerous goods and their correspondingly handling and documentation processes.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment, well organized
- Intermediate computer skills required including Microsoft Office
- Excels in team environment
- Exhibits attention to detail, commitment, professionalism and sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to prioritize with well-developed multi-tasking skills
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Normal office working conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to safely perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time while speaking with customers over the telephone, and frequently performing desk-based computer tasks
Advantages of Joining our Team:
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits Package:
- Medical & Prescription
- FSA - Medical & Dependent Care
- Disability Coverage
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program & Financial Planning
- 401(k) Plan & 6% Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Growth Opportunities
- Remote Flexibility
- Bonus Eligibility
UWL is a top 20 American-owned NVOCC and leading provider of global 3PL services. We take pride in delivering seamless supply chain solutions backed by a team of creative problem-solvers. We specialize in ocean transportation, air freight, project cargo, warehousing and distribution, road and rail, bulk liquid logistics, and customs house brokerage. Our proof is in our owned assets: a national network of distribution centers, dependable trucking capacity, and a user-friendly data management platform that delivers transparency and data you can count on. Wherever your freight needs to go, we can help get it there. To find out more, visit www.shipuwl.com.
About Parent Company World Group:
Founded in 1960, World Group is a leading American-owned NVOCC, freight forwarder, transportation, warehousing, and logistics organization. We move freight through the air, across the oceans, and over the roads, from anywhere. Find out how we can help get your freight where it needs to be by visiting our website: www.worldshipping.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Your application has been successfully submitted.