Senior Import Agent
Full Job Description
Nippon Express Company, Ltd. (“NX”) was founded in 1872 in Japan and is headquartered in Tokyo. NX employs approximately 72,000 employees at 733 locations, in 47 countries and 314 cities around the world.
Nippon Express U.S.A., Inc. (“NEU”) was incorporated in New York in 1962 as a fully owned subsidiary of NX. NEU provides logistics solutions and comprehensive transportation services through its international freight forwarding and logistics network, including specialized handling of: air, land, sea and express packages; all types and sizes of cargo; personal effects and household goods; fragile and perishable freight; and livestock. NEU also provides related services, such as warehousing, distribution and customs brokerage and clearance. NEU operates at 55 locations in 27 states within the U.S., with approximately 1300 employees. NEU has enjoyed tremendous growth and success as one of the top five international freight forwarders in the world. We connect people with products throughout the world.
- Prepare import shipments for assigned customers. This may include customs clearance, shipping, labeling, and distribution of cargo. Generate delivery orders and shipping labels as needed.
- Provide customer service through direct contact with the customer.
- Communicate with other departments such as customs brokerage and warehouse.
- Communicate with subcontractors such as truckers and airlines in order to obtain necessary information in order to process shipments in the best way.
- Filing and data entry.
- Responsible for account receivable for assigned accounts to collect Unpaid invoices within credit term
Minimum Requirements, Education, and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate or significant or relevant or appropriate working experience.
- Some computer skills including data entry and maintenance and working
- Some knowledge of general Computer application technology desirable
- Industry experience Preferred
- Some knowledge of international commerce (sales and payment term, method, customs regulations etc.)
Nippon Express offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month after 30 days.
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Auto and Home policies, Commuter Benefits, and much more.
- Generous Vacation and Sick time.
Nippon Express USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.