Senior Specialist 3 – International Trade Compliance
Roles & Responsibilities: The International Trade Compliance (ITC) team is responsible for the compliant execution of global export control and sanctions laws and regulations. The successful candidate will work closely within the ITC team and GEA programs/functions to compliantly apply trade laws and regulations to support and drive international business. Consistent with the role of the ITC team, the primary tasks of Lead Specialist 1 – ITC include, but are not necessarily limited to):
- Preparing and submitting authorization applications for approval to the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Controls and U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security
- Generating, maintaining, and monitoring U.S. Government export/import licenses, agreements, and certifications
- Ensuring compliance for all aspects of U.S. Government authorizations, exemptions, and exceptions
- Manage and maintain records in accordance with U.S. Government regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Track, status, and provide reports and metrics associated with trade compliance activities
- Coordination amongst the ITC team and with internal stakeholders to understand key business objectives and to develop export and import authorizations that allow for the efficient and timely export of technology, technical data, hardware, and services
- Training and operational advice on compliant execution of trade and sanctions regulations
- Identifying process and procedure improvements and coordinating on implementation thereto
- Participating in and, where appropriate, leading projects or initiatives of varying complexities.
These tasks are performed primarily with autonomy with occasional oversight from more senior ITC professionals as needed and based on the employee’s experience and competencies.
- Status as a U.S. Person
- A University Degree or equivalent experience and 3 years of prior relevant trade experience
- Experience with International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and regulations administered by OFAC
- Commitment to compliance and integrity
- Strong judgement and analytical skills
- Customer relationship, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proactive, organized, and detail-oriented
- Commitment to self-development
- Adaptable and capable of managing multiple inquiries and assignments in a time pressured environment with limited oversight
- Experience in the application of ITC regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs) in high volume environments
- Experience with Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) and Manufacturing Licensing Agreement (MLA) preparation and administration
- Experience with Commerce licenses and exceptions
- Service as an Empowered Official
- Knowledge of DECCS, SNAP-R, and/or OCR EASE
- Understanding the process of assessing jurisdiction and classification of information, hardware, or services
- Proactive problem-solver with a record of successful execution
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Ability to adapt and grow in an expanding organization
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.