Sr Air Import Forwarding Logistics Agent
Full Job Description
Sr Air Import Forwarding Agent provide customers with the highest quality service by providing consistent customer service and shipment processing in order to ensure timely movement of freight/cargo.
If you have experience in logistics, air import/export, import coordinator, export coordinator, logistics coordinator, import/export brokerage, freight brokerage this is a great full-time, opportunity for you.
This is an 8am-5pm role and an opportunity to work M-F, have dinner with your friends or family every night and enjoy your well deserved weekends! An opportunity to represent the FedEx brand through excellent customer service.
Location: Onsite - 15022 132nd Ave. Jamaica, New York
Here is what you get when working at FedEx Logistics:
At FedEx Logistics, you get a chance at a long rewarding career at one of the world’s Top Companies even without a college degree. You’ll be given the opportunity to better yourself through benefits like tuition reimbursement while working at FedEx. You get a stable job, a career that you can count on every day with the chance to increase your earnings through salary increases and a chance to work overtime if desired. You get to learn great skills and knowledge that can lead to advancement.
- Variable Pay- Recognition and Incentives to reward individual and team contributions
- Tuition Assistance- up to $5,000 in tuition reimbursement per fiscal year
- Paid Time Off- Vacation, holiday, sick leave
- Health Care Program- Medical coverage, Vision and dental coverage
- Additional Benefits- Life, Disability (short/long term)
- 401(k) Program- Financial security in retirement
- Reduced Shipping Rate- Exclusive discounts for personal shipping
- Discount programs- (e.g., car, restaurants, movies, daycare, pet care and more)
- Provide and ensure a high level of customer service by developing and maintaining a strong relationship with customers' front line personnel in the various operating divisions and subsidiaries.
- Prepare, analyze, and/or submit documentation to the appropriate parties (agents and clients) in order to ensure they are in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations relating to transportation.
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems which could delay the timely release or movement of freight.
- Maintain relationships with correspondent brokers, T&B, and other service providers to ensure that agents exceed the customers' service requirements.
- Resolve banking and letter of credit problems.
- Advise customers on payment terms.
- Resolve billing issues and ensure that invoicing and vendor payments are billed accurately.
- Complete accurate data input or corrections into computer files.
- Develop rates and/or provide quotes for the movement of freight.
- Resolve billing issues on customer's behalf.
- Generate special manual reports to meet customer’s needs.
- Ensure all communication with internal and external customers is updated timely
- Responsible for freight forwarding functions, which consist of: coordinating customer booking requests, setting-up new shipper, assisting with restricted articles submission, etc.
- Complete import/export documentation in accordance with international trade regulations.
- Engage with clients related to billing disputes, status of shipments, developing new lanes, improving service, etc.
- Dispatch carriers to pick up at CFS, FTN and customer related distribution centers
- Track and trace functions, including entry of all milestones and exceptions.
- Work all iServe cases.
- Coordinate oversized and out of gauge shipments.
- Handle Hazmat shipment
- The incumbent(s) of this position is expected to perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Strong customer Service, organizational, and communication (written/oral) skills.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding or logistic required.
- Working knowledge of air export regulations, if appropriate, related to export and Schedule B tariff classification.
- Banking requirements for international trade
- Regulations regarding dangerous goods shipping & foreign regulations.
- Familiarity with handling hazardous materials
- Knowledge of regulations for import/export related to DOT.
- Basic math skills for conversions to metric and currency evaluations.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in freight forwarding or logistics or work/field experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.46 - $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Jamaica, NY 11434: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- freight forwarding: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.