International Tax - Quantitative Solutions & Technology - Manager
A career in our Quantitative Solutions practice, within International Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help multinational companies address their cross border tax needs both locally and globally by managing their global tax rates, finding areas of cost reduction, and responding to inquiries from regulatory authorities. You’ll gain a global perspective and an awareness of tax issues stemming from changes to evolving business structures and geographic expansions. Our team helps our clients stay up to date with regulatory requirements and judicial changes while operating in a foreign market. You’ll focus on quantitative analysis of international tax reform, regulatory guidance, cross border strategy and merger and acquisitions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Computer and Information Science, Economics, Business Analytics, Business Administration/Management, International Business, Taxation, Statistics
Additional Educational Requirements:
A Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study, or a Juris Doctorate (JD), will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree
Minimum Years of Experience:
One of the following: CPA - Admission to the Bar - Enrolled Agent - Professional Certification in Project Management (PMP) - Six Sigma Black Belt/Lean Black Belt/Master Black Belt - UX Certificate - Nielsen Norman Group -Agile Product Management - Alteryx Designer Advanced Certification - Chartered Financial Analyst - Masters - Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Business, Tax, Computer Science, Information Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Science in Business Analytics (U.S. institution***) - PhD - Economics or Finance (U.S. Institution***) - UiPath Certified Advanced RPA Developer (UiARD)
CPA or Admission to the Bar
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- In-depth quantitative analyses including earning and profit studies, subpart F and foreign tax credit computations;
- Foreign tax reporting and international taxation compliance regulations; and,
- The practices of public accounting firms, law firms or multinational company corporate tax departments.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging, developing, and/or managing technology solutions to enable and improve client solutions;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation;
- Analyzing and working with complex subjects utilizing problem solving skills to deliver results;
- Creating and analyzing complex computation and reporting solutions, with the ability to clearly articulate findings to clients in visual, verbal and written formats;
- Leveraging intellectual curiosity and agility to teach oneself how to use new technology platforms to solve our clients’ problems;
- Using one or more of the following data analytic tools: alteryx, tableau, microsoft SQL server, or .Net;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections;
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and,
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
Knowledge of alternative fee arrangements, including the use of pricing tools, to provide a point of view on pricing strategies.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradotaxmanager.
Your application has been successfully submitted.