Global Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
H&V is a global leader in filtration and energy storage solutions. Our advanced materials are used in nearly every industry and touch every aspect of modern life. Wherever you work, live or travel, chances are an H&V solution is close by, contributing to a cleaner, healthier, more sustainable world. H&V serves the world from 13 strategically located facilities. Our footprint in the Americas, Europe and Asia lets us meet the unique requirements of global and regional customers efficiently, accurately and cost effectively, while capturing supply chain efficiencies. These advantages help make H&V a valuable partner and a true worldwide leader. Our success comes from our ability to adapt, our values and the people of H&V. We act with integrity, and we treat customers, partners and each other with dignity and respect. We live these values every day and could not have prospered for more than 200 years without them.
We offer benefit programs that provide financial stability and quality care at the most reasonable cost to both the employee and company. Our benefit package includes:
- Health care coverage, including medical, prescription drug, vision, dental and wellness resources
- Life and disability insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Retirement plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness programs
The Global Trade Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring H&V’s compliance with global trade regulations as well as instituting and maintaining best practices throughout the company. The Manager will also work with H&V’s business divisions, customers and vendors to properly handle issues involving Harmonized Tariff Schedules, duties and free trade agreements to maximize the benefits realizable by the business and its customers. An additional responsibility will be to evaluate and respond to customer flow downs concerning Federal Acquisition Regulations (FARs and DFARs) and to work with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Classify products under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and any similar laws of the regions in which H&V manufactures products (e.g., EU law). Create and maintain a matrix of products and associated classifications. Establish and maintain policies and procedures to prevent illegal exports. Develop technology control plans.
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures to prevent improper exports or re-exports to embargoed or sanctioned countries.
- Prepare and administer export license applications.
- Act as the Empowered Official for H&V under ITAR and file H&V’s annual registration with the US State Department Directorate of Defense Trade Controls.
- Manage denied party screening on H&V customers and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with antiboycott regulations.
- Classify products and imported raw materials under HTS and related regulations. Create and maintain a matrix of products and associated classifications. Ensure appropriate duties are being paid on imported goods.
- Provide guidance on and manage compliance with free trade agreements and their applicability to H&V’s imports and exports. Attend to requests for certificates of origin and related documents.
- Provide guidance on FARs and DFARs. Handle customer flow downs. Work with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Develop expertise and provide advice on the Berry Amendment, Incoterms, import / export label requirements, duty drawbacks and anti-dumping compliance.
- Work with H&V’s IT department and Global Product Managers to develop internal systems to ensure compliance with trade laws.
- Establish necessary document retention procedures in connection with the above.
- Provide training and conduct audits on the above.
- As this position will involve access to information controlled by ITAR and other regulations, the Manager must be a US Citizen or US Green Card holder.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree preferred. In lieu of degree, 7+ years of confirmed experience in import and/or export customer service, purchasing, supply chain, international operations and/or compliance.
- Substantial experience with EAR, ITAR and other trade regulations
- Experience with HTS, free trade agreements and import duties
- Familiarity with FARs and DFARs preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally to drive action
- Strong organizational skills
Hollingsworth & Vose is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- East Walpole, MA 02032: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Microsoft Excel: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Compliance management: 1 year (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Your application has been successfully submitted.