Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
Onsite (Telford, PA) OR Remote (East Coast) - Draeger Medical Systems, Inc. - Job-ID V000006936
The Job Responsibilities
- Assist Trade Compliance Manager with the tactical functions of Draeger’s trade compliance program to include implementation and maintenance of relevant management systems (e.g. product and technology classifications, license determinations, recordkeeping, auditing, monitoring and screening).
- Responsible for the execution of daily operational tasks as they relate to trade compliance, including without limitation handling broker requests and product classifications for import and preparation of licenses and conducting restricted party screening for export.
- Audit and manage record-keeping systems for accuracy and compliance with regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Administer compliance policies, programs, processes, procedures, and templates in accordance with regulatory requirements and Draeger’s global and local policies, programs, processes and procedures.
- Assist Trade Compliance Manager in researching and reviewing new or changing legislation and potential impact such may have on Draeger’s trade compliance program.
- Assist Trade Compliance Manager in conducting internal audits of various functions and company operations to assure compliance effectiveness and identify areas of weakness for improvement.
- Work in a cross-functional organization and collaborate with other departments and employees involved in the import or export of goods to provide guidance and direction with respect to compliance.
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related discipline strongly preferred; comparable combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Minimum job-related professional experience: 3-5+ years
- Previous experience in a trade compliance related position required
- Experience in the determination of product classifications required
- Experience in implementing a trade compliance program for a global organization
Special Competencies or Certifications:
- Basic understanding of the of trade compliance regulations
- Industry and technical knowledge of medical equipment and/or safety products a plus
- Solid analytical & problem solving skills
- Trade compliance certifications or licenses a plus
- Able to manage multiple tasks under tight timeframes
- Strong oral and written communication skills are a must
The Dräger Workplace
In North America, Draeger employees over 1,400 employees working in our major sites in the United States and Canada (in the US: Andover, MA; Telford, PA; Houston, TX, and in Canada: Mississauga, ON), including our Sales and Service workforce employees from coast to coast.
Our US headquarters located north of Philadelphia in Telford, Pennsylvania is our US manufacturing site for our Neonatal product line supplying many global customers as well as production support for Draeger’s Safety products. This location also serves as the key site for essential US functions which includes Medical Sales and Service Management, Medical Marketing, Legal, Compliance, Regulatory, Quality and Finance.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Disability and Veteran
Who we are
Draeger is a leading international company in the fields of medical and safety technology. Whether in clinical applications, in industry, mining or emergency services: Draeger products protect, support and save lives. That's what our more than 15,000 employees have been striving for - every day for more than 130 years. Dräger - Technology for Life ®
What we offer
- Health center and gym
- Time Away
- Workplace Wellness
- Education & Training
- Additional/Voluntary Insurance
- Retirement Savings
- Special Assistance
- Health Insurance
If you have any questions, please contact
Your application has been successfully submitted.