Director, Global Trade Brokerage
Full Job Description
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Target Global Supply Chain and Logistics is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how we get the right product to the right guest even better, faster and more cost effectively than before. We are becoming more intelligent, automated and algorithmic in our decision-making, so that no matter how guests shop—in stores or on Target.com—we deliver the convenience and immediate gratification they demand and deserve. We are on a mission to win decisively over any competitor, with a seamless and superior guest service experience unlike any they can offer. Our teams work with the agility our mission requires, and we constantly come together to implement new processes in record time. So we’re looking for exceptional people who are proactive, creative, independent, innovative, risk-savvy and comfortable working in varying degrees of ambiguity. Are you a critical thinker who seeks the root cause and can analyze both qualitatively and quantitatively? Are you a creative problem-solver who simplifies problems, quickly identifies solutions, commits to a plan and then positively influences others to execute it? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
As second largest containerized importer, Global Trade Services is responsible for ensuring imports are compliant with US laws and regulations. We play a critical role in delivering timely clearance through ports of arrival by leveraging our best in class self-filing strategy as well as leveraging 3rd party brokers, identifying opportunities for savings, and working closely with key partners to enable savings opportunities such as Free Trade, First Sale and Consolidated Entry.
As a Director, Global Trade Brokerage, you will be responsible for ensuring Target declares accurate and compliant information with U.S. Customs and Partner Government Agency (PGA) according to laws and regulations. You will lead Target’s Global Trade Brokerage team responsible for filing all Target’s US Custom’s entries and Importer Security Filing’s (ISF). As a self-filer your team will play an essential role in identifying opportunities to enhance our internal technology applications that drive operational efficiencies, ensure 100% compliance to timely ISF filings, and provide accurate supply chain visibility. You will partner closely with International and Domestic Transportation teams to problem solve and ensure timely product flow for our guests.
You will be responsible for business performance management through KPI’s for your internal team and our third party brokerage providers, manage ISF and Customs entry of over 200,000 shipments annually, and ensure proper declarations to US Customs and other government agencies (FDA, USDA, FWS).
Responsibilities include developing strategies that promote operational efficiency, cost savings, and maintain compliance while achieving business goals. You will identify opportunities to work with partner teams, such as Inbound Logistics and Inventory Management, to ensure strategies are best for the guest while meeting U.S. Customs regulatory requirements. In addition, you will work with senior leadership to develop strategies in service of continued operational efficiencies while maintaining compliance with the evolving U.S. Customs and PGA regulatory requirements mitigating overall risk and reputational impacts to Target.
Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- 4-year college degree, advanced degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Licensed U.S. Customs broker highly desired
- 10+ years of operational experience within global trade, customs brokerage, logistics and/or global sourcing
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate teams
- Reporting and analytical aptitude in using data to identify opportunities and lead the team to enable pro-active decisions that support supply chain efficiencies and expense reduction strategies
- Experience managing and driving results of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with 3rd party Logistics partners
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong communication skills- ability to draft narratives, frame problems and validation statements, present in a variety of different settings
- Root cause problem identification and problem solving; ability to brainstorm on complex problems and leverage thought leadership to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to thrive and navigate ambiguity- managing through setbacks and manage conflicts
- Comfortable demonstrating courage and navigating conflicting viewpoints to resolution
- Skilled in identifying operational improvements and recommends strategies to resolve problems
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.