Import Compliance & Transportation Analyst
Full Job Description
Job ID: 213699
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type: Regular
Job Function: Inventory Management
Remote Eligible: Yes
Sephora has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997, then launched stateside in 1998 and is currently home to 300+ world-class brands - including its private label, Sephora Collection. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products, including makeup, skincare, perfume, hair care, body care, professional tools, and more.
In Sephora Americas, we belong to something beautiful. With a continued focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion, we seek ways to create a sense of belonging where people can be their authentic selves. We embrace our unique talents and are proud of the passionate community we’ve built. With leaders who listen and inspire, everyone is encouraged to be their best. Reimagine your future, with Sephora.
Moving product is the crucial steps in the product’s journey to our clients. It takes analytical, strategic, and results-oriented inventory and carrier management professionals to build our partnerships and optimize inventory levels across our network. Operations and logistics complete the products’ journey into our clients’ hands. Our energetic and innovative team continually improves speed and accuracy on our promise to our clients in a fast growing and ever-evolving marketplace. It’s one thing to create experiences - but the key is in delivering them.
Your role at Sephora:
The Import Compliance & Transportation Operations Analyst is a key member of the Transportation team which facilitates the efficient and timely movement of goods into our distribution centers. This role has three primary focus areas in Customs Regulatory Compliance, HAZMAT Regulatory compliance and vendor/EDI/TMS compliance. The dynamic nature of this position requires individuals who can think quickly, multi-task, act independently, and proactively solve problems before they arise. Strong customer service skills and effective communication are required. Other duties involved in compliance include utilizing Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), documenting classifications, communicating, and managing with the customs broker about classifications, understanding HAZMAT rules and regulations, including managing Safety Data Sheets (SDS). Additionally, this role will be closely working with our Transportation Management System (TMS) to ensure compliance around messaging and event management.
In addition, you will:
- Classify all imported SKUs in line with the US HTS
- Manage business proprietary import database
- Manage Customs Brokers and Broker’s activities per CBP and OGA’s regulations
- Manage Customs record keeping requirements
- Identify and classify HAZMAT products in accordance with FAA/IATA/DOT Regulatory requirements
- Maintain HAZMAT training for Operations and DC Outbound Teams
- Implement and execute any new Regulatory needs to ensure compliance across the business
- Support Operations by ensuring TMS messaging is received timely and accurately
- Work with our TMS provider on enhancing day to day operations
- Manage communications with Vendors, Brands and internal partners to secure product information for import admissibility and transportation compliance
- Provide training to internal business partners and Distribution Centers
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- BA/BS degree in International Trade, Transportation, Logistics Management and/or equivalent work experience
- Licensed Customs Broker’s License required.
- Minimum 5-7 years work experience in Customs Compliance.
- Classification experience is a must.
- Expertise in interpretation of the Code of Federal Regulations
- Strong understanding of TMS and Operations
- 5-7 years of experience in a quantitative analytical field with in-depth analysis
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Requires sufficient demonstrated experience to immediately understand and proceed with the responsibilities of the position with minimal assistance.
- Strong communication, written and presentation skills; able to communicate effectively in various levels of the organization, (i.e. large meeting facilitation, written and electronic communications)
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and influences, motivates people with no direct authority
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong analytical ability
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy...
- Meaningful Rewards: Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation and holiday time off, an employee discount, free beauty product gifts from brand partners, and so much more. Details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://jobs.sephora.com/USA/content/Our-Perks/?locale=en_US.
- Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging: We pledge to create a beauty community where everyone’s uniqueness is celebrated, respected, and honored. We will drive diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business—ensuring that our employees, brand partners, suppliers, and our clients feel a sense of belonging in store, online, and in our workplaces. We believe in demonstrating our values with action!
- Beauty & Beyond: Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Together we inspire our clients, empower people, and help them become the best versions of themselves. We think this is beautiful.
- Endless Evolution: You will learn with innovators, artists, and experts in every field. As our business evolves, so will you. Here, you’re empowered to choose your own path, accelerate your growth, and be your best. As part of our family and the LVMH community, your options are endless.
- Creativity Unleashed: At Sephora, you’re encouraged to explore, innovate, and have funwhile working with diverse clients, teams, and leaders. You won’t just partner with iconic brands; you’ll help build them. We value your curiosity, your drive for success, and the emotional connections you make. Together we’re defining the future of beauty.
- Bold Authenticity: Being bold and different has made us a global beauty and retail leader. At Sephora, we celebrate diversity, embrace your unique and winning spirit, and believe that real beauty is being authentically you.You are what sets us apart.
As a condition of employment, Sephora requires all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date unless they have requested and received an exemption due to a qualifying medical condition, a sincerely held religious belief or practice, or a requirement by law.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis ofrace, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.