Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
The Trade Compliance Manager will ensure the Kalamazoo GMS Zoetis locations are compliant with all trade regulations, import & export requirements, free trade agreements, licensing, as well as other government regulations. This position will have the option to work from home 2 days a week.
- Kalamazoo GMS Site Administrator and Subject Matter Expert for Import/Export, DEA, TTB and State Alcohol Regulations
- Responsible for Foreign Trade Zone, Duty Drawback program, Temporary Import Bonds, and Free Trade Agreements
- Lead process improvement initiatives by identifying process gaps and facilitating corrective actions
- Responsible for coaching, development and performance management of team members.
- Monitor Customs Brokers performance, identify gaps, and facilitate corrective actions
- Resolve inquiries from government agencies such as Customs and Border Protection, and FDA Import Officers.
- Compose and revise procedures, work instructions, and job aids
- Oversee daily activities of Import Specialist
- Frequent interactions with suppliers, service providers, and other groups external to the site and/or external to Zoetis
- Collaborate with internal customers and enabling groups (ex: Production, Quality, EHS, etc.)
- Perform self-audits and inspections
- Participate on teams as required such as Safety Team, Kaizen Events, and process improvement teams
- Ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with standard operating procedures (SOP’s), safety guidelines, and regulatory standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- APICS Certification preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Trade Compliance, import/export, and Foreign Trade Zone Regulations
- Leadership experience preferred
- SAP experience is a plus
- Experience working with freight carriers and/or brokers on performance management
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills. Motivated, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Animal Health industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods Regulations
- Excellent computer skills including extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to quickly learn Zoetis’s systems
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated strengths in the following capabilities: leadership, operational management, data analysis, supply chain, decision-making, critical-thinking and technical skills pertaining to logistics, negotiating, and conflict resolution.
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma principles and tools.
- Demonstrated record of innovation, focus on performance, change management, continuous improvement, and development/implementation of best practices.
- Track record of understanding and meeting customer and market needs.
- Demonstrated record of achievement of objectives and proven demonstration and commitment to the Zoetis Core Beliefs.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and ability to learn Zoetis systems.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the colleague is regularly exposed to both office settings and a manufacturing environment, including moving mechanical parts. The work conditions for this position are 50% stationary and 50% standing and walking throughout the workday. The colleague may be required to travel < 40 miles/day to multiple warehouses. Potential for domestic and/or international travel up to 10%. The colleague will be required to utilize certain Personal Protective Equipment, including but not limited to, hard hats, safety (“steel-toed”) shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing.
Full timeRegularColleagueAny unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of “@zoetis.com”. In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.