Import/Export Compliance Specialist
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Import/Export Compliance Specialist located preferably in Houston, Texas through 9/9/2022, at 11:59 p.m. CST.
The Import/Export Coordinator you will play a key role in the development, implementation and management of Americas Fuel and Lubricants (AF&L) ISC logistics Import/Export compliance structure and operations. This role will be an integral contributor to the strategic vision for ISCs supplier and cost management and real-time tracking/end -to-end visibility initiatives for AF&L imports/exports. Partnering with a diverse set of third-party suppliers and internal stakeholders across business units, regions, and corporate departments will be key to support day-to-day logistics operations and import/export optimization initiatives.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Monitor and review import/export transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with various regulations and follow up with vendors, carriers, forwarders, and others as needed.
- Help develop, implement, monitor and update written procedures and to ensure imports and exports comply with all applicable laws and regulations (US Customs Regulations, Export Administration Regulations, etc.)
- Serve as a key resource and point of contact for day-to-day import/export support, helping logistics business partners with inquiries/issues related to import/export processes.
- Manage freight forwarder and custom broker billing, payment processes and exceptions. Work with vendors, Business Units and Accounts Payable to facilitate payment of invoices in accordance with contract terms.
- Help in the creation of KPIs to analyze trade compliance data for trends and exceptions and work closely with brokers and suppliers in identifying and implementing process improvements and corrective actions.
- Assist in coordinating and implement new lanes and issue quotations for international freight (road, sea and air).
- Coordinate Canadian and Mexican returned goods customs clearance.
- Support internal, external, and government-directed trade compliance audits and assessments and execute corrective action and training for AF&L business partners.
- Provide coverage and redundancy as required for Import/Export Team.
- Leadership behaviors - demonstrates strong behaviors around building relationships, gaining alignment, delivering results and growing capabilities.
- 2+ years experience in import/export compliance or supply chain logistics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proficiency in SAP and/or digital applications
Relocation may be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.