Jr. Trade Compliance Specialist
Jr. Trade Compliance Specialist
Date: Sep 1, 2022
Location: Fresno, CA, US, 93706
Requisition ID #: 1200
Trillium Flow Technologies, founded on a legacy of premier products and service, provides mission-critical valves, pumps, and aftermarket services in oil and gas, power generation, water and wastewater, and general industry, with an unparalleled focus on your specific industry needs. Our innovative approach will deliver the support you need through design, installation, and operation, providing continuity and confidence in your flow control. You can count on us for knowledgeable customer support, innovative engineering design, a global footprint, and supply chain, aftermarket parts and service, and unmatched responsiveness to meet your demanding schedules.
Business Need / Purpose of Role: Business Need / Purpose of Role:
The Junior Trade Compliance Specialist will assist the Trade Compliance Specialist for all Trillium Pumps USA, Inc. locations (Fresno, Salt Lake City, Deer Park).
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities: (results this role is expected to accomplish)
- Export & Import document creation and review (Commercial Invoices, Shippers Letter of Instruction, Shippers Export Declarations, Certificate of Origins, FTA declarations, packing lists, etc.) for Trillium Pumps USA, Inc. units and submittal and distribution of US export licenses when required.
- Classification. Review and provide HTS and ECCN classification for new parts exported and imported. Review and provide country of origin determination for new parts exported and imported. Help maintain the Product Libraries containing classification details for all Trillium Pumps USA, Inc. units.
- Export screening. Screen end-users, buyers, consignees, forwarders, etc. at the time of export. Audit and review End Use Certificates.
- Liaise and coordinate international shipments with the Logistics team when necessary.
- Review free trade agreement requests. Ensure rules of origin and documentation requirements are met before approving and issuing free trade agreement declarations.
- Provide timely assistance, documents, and responses to shipping teams to ensure on time delivery.
- Advise internal teams of appropriate incoterms for new transactions. Review and comply with incoterms for existing import and export transactions.
- Ensure units follow Trillium’s Export and Import Compliance and Procedures manuals.
- Record retention of all import and export documents.
- Periodically assist in audits, reviews, and other requests as directed.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
JOb Knowledge / Education and Qualifications:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Excel is a must.
- Direct experience or education in international logistics or trade compliance is greatly preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write detailed correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
The candidate should have knowledge of the following software: Excel, Word, Power Point.
Must be able to move about the factory and observe factory personnel and operations
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. In certain areas of the facility personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required, including safety glasses and steel-toed shoes, and ear plugs.
Leadership - N/A
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Trillium Flow is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Trillium Flow is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Nearest Major Market: Fresno
Your application has been successfully submitted.