Customer Service Representative
Full Job Description
Sr Customer Service Representative – Asheville, NC
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Provide excellent customer service to maintain overall customer satisfaction and customer allegiance.
What will you do?
- Adhere to Thermo Fisher Scientific protocols, consistencies and procedures.
- Ensure that Thermo Fisher’s customer satisfaction objectives are met or exceeded.
- Provide high level of customer service to existing and new customer base by managing customer accounts.
- Work with Finance on Cash In Advance issues; Letters of Credit, credit limit issues, and commissions.
- Work with Order Management to get delivery dates; to expedite deliveries, assist with order issues and highlight critical orders.
- Escalate problem orders to International Customer Service Team Lead and/or International Customer Service Supervisor as directed.
- Assist in resolving issues concerning, but not limited to; short shipments, mis-shipments, freight adjustments by working closely with the Export Documentation Specialists.
- Provide customer with order status proactively; reviews customer open orders and escalates problem delivery issues in a timely manner.
- Interface closely with sales, supply chain, and order management to ensure customer satisfaction is maximized.
- Effectively communicate and exchange information among team members and other Thermo Fisher personnel, channel partners and customers.
- Meet all required department and company training goals and expectations.
- Support Practical Process Improvement (PPI) methodology and participate in initiatives as required. Recommends process improvements and with coordination of supervisor, serves on PPI and other process improvement teams or projects.
- Display a positive friendly attitude toward customers, co-workers and management.
How will you get here?
- GED or high school diploma required.
- 3 to 5 years customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of International Trade Practices is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of restrictive trade practice or boycott transactions and US Denied Persons/Companies list. Should be current on export regulations and current US embargoed countries and maintain vigilance in working within legal and Thermo Fisher Scientific regulations and guidelines or be able to learn same.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, resolve problems, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner.
- Excellent Computer skills required; efficiency in Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills required; both oral and written.
- Must be able to acquire thorough product knowledge and be skilled in the use of computers.
- Must be a team player and dedicated to being an active, participating team member.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.