Brand and Communications Manager
Full Job Description
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
Pivot into the digital economy and join a fast-growing, demanding and professional team of brand and communications experts focused on building a global brand and reputation for Airwallex. You bring passion, creativity and outstanding communication skills to help us engage employees, customers, partners, the media, governments and regulators and our larger communities with meaning and impact. Based in San Francisco, you will work closely with our North America team to support our business growth plans while collaborating internationally to ensure we speak and act with one voice. Join us only if you are ready to be challenged, to create and grow, and to make this your most exciting career step!
- Act as an integral part of Airwallex’s global brand and communications team, working to build and implement a wide-ranging strategy for the North America business
- Deepen engagement with key stakeholders, internally and externally to build Airwallex’s brand and reputation in North America
- Own local and international media relationships, creating a strong network of contacts at top-tier, national and trade publications and securing regular coverage across online, print and broadcast media
- Prepare and distribute compelling press releases and business updates
- Draft other content aimed at engaging target media, such as op-eds
- Handle incoming media enquiries in an effective and timely manner
- Set up necessary journalist interviews with management team
- Monitor media coverage and circulate, as required
- Develop and maintain consistent, region-specific key messages, to enhance global messaging
- Create innovative and engaging content for owned communication channels, including the website, social media, and other platforms
- Manage our regional PR agency, as necessary, to support on key activities, such as media engagement, content creation, event organization, among others
- Collaborate with Airwallex’s local and global brand & communications to align activities aimed at raising the company’s business profile, as well as with the marketing teams aimed at generating leads for inbound sales
- Coordinate the company’s participation in events and conferences across the North America region, primarily targeted at building our profile and connecting with our target customers in SME and Enterprise
- Build out internal communications capabilities in North America , liaising with HR and other relevant stakeholders to create a unified approach to employee engagement
- Provide spokesperson training for internal stakeholders involved in external relations
- Create and own comprehensive crisis management plan, in collaboration with global colleagues across departments
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in communications, journalism, business and marketing, or other relevant discipline
- Substantial experience of PR / content / communications either in-house or agency, including leadership roles
- Experience of driving media relations activities, with constructive working relationships with journalists at International, trade and local media outlets, across financial, business and technology beats
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability in English; other languages would be an advantage
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, proactive, self-initiated, innovative, and enjoys challenges
- High level of flexibility to cope in a fast-paced environment
- Strong media relations and issues management capabilities
- Exhibit high-degree of professional objectivity and awareness, executive maturity and presence, strong listening skills, perspective, and sense of humor. Solid problem-solving skills and strong interpersonal skills to be able to exert influence and impact with executives and senior leaders in the company
- Highly motivated, results-driven, forward thinker who enjoys change management leadership, marketing and sales operations fundamentals. An ideal candidate will learn fast, react in real-time, and move with agility to respond to changing conditions
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We organize regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working, and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard color, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters.
Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.