Analyst, Portfolio Compliance Disclosures
Want to elevate your career by being a part of the world's largest asset manager? Do you love working in an environment that develops positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance? Look no further! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for consistent contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees to make a difference and actively engage your involvement in our success.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock is currently seeking professionals at the Analyst level to become part of our Portfolio Compliance team.
Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), a core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. PCG is responsible for implementing controls & processes, to ensure we are portfolio compliant and aligned with all regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. This relates to trading and investments, including Aladdin pre-and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting.
This role sits in the Disclosures Reporting Team and primarily focuses on monitoring and reporting of major shareholdings, short selling activities and Takeover Panel transactions across the Americas and Asia Pacific. The remit of the role covers all major global investments. We are also responsible for disclosing and reporting various information to fund boards and clients, including sub-advised clients.
You would like to:
- Work in a culture of openness, inclusion and hands-on engagement at all levels
- Build strong relationships with colleagues from Portfolio Management, Institutional Client Business, Legal & Compliance, and Investment Stewardship and work closely with Business Operations and Technology
- Learn about various global regulatory reporting requirements, and stay up to date on regulatory changes that may impact the team
- Tackle and solve complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a target on process optimization, data & technology in a pragmatic approach.
Your daily tasks may include:
- Reviewing system reports of shareholdings against trade movements, and reporting holdings that have reached prescribed thresholds
- Submitting disclosures in an accurate and timely manner & maintaining clear records of all filings and communications
- Identifying holdings that are approaching prescribed threshold limits and engaging portfolio managers to allocate limited investment capacity, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients
- Working with our partners to improve processes and controls that build capacity and scale, and supporting automation
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for our partners and clients
- Maintaining procedures across all processes to ensure high-level quality control
- Communicating with regulators and internal legal counsel regarding complex, sensitive topics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field (preferred but not required)
- Recent experience or strong academics with a background in finance or similar field with a keen interest in the investment management industry and of investment products preferred
- Experience in working with and developing strong and positive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Strong control / risk mitigation mentality; ability to apply proven judgement as to when to raise issues
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) to work directly with clients and across all levels of staff and management. Ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
- Strong IT skills such as Microsoft Office applications and experience with Visual Basic and SQL (preferable)
. www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock’s current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what’s important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our “One BlackRock” culture means you’ll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work – wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.