Full Job Description
KONE, founded in 1910, is one of the largest, award-winning elevator companies in the world and our offering for employees is as competitive as our offering for customers. Not only do we provide highly competitive salaries, company vehicles for specific roles, and world-class benefits for our salaried employees - we also pride ourselves on our culture and principles. Innovation, sustainability, collaboration and ethical business practices are just some of the pillars that we use to define our own success. Come join our family in KONE Americas to be a part of something big!
As Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the Regional Sourcing Category Manager by executing the sourcing category and assigned Unit in NA. This includes identifying local sourcing opportunities, managing supplier tenders, and acting as contract owners for selected suppliers. Managing related supplier relationships, keeping agreement/price lists up to date, and ensuring they are fed into operational purchasing systems for usage.
Sourcing specialists are located in Supply Line and report to the Regional Sourcing Category Manager.
- Conduct local and support regional/global supply market analysis/scouting
- Identify local sourcing opportunities and risks
- Execute sourcing category plans within the unit (including follow up of saving actions)
- Create and manage RFx for materials/services according to sourcing category/unit plans or other locally identified opportunities
- Lead selected local supplier negotiations
- Execute global/regional supplier agreements
- Act as the contract owner for nominated contracts according to the supplier segmentation principle
- Manage supplier quality for selected unit strategic local suppliers and resolves potential issues
- Keep agreements/price lists updated and feed data into operational purchasing systems (e.g., SAP) following KW master data processes
- Manage repetitive and escalated supplier issues and escalate to SUM/category manager as needed
- Represent Sourcing in cross-functional meetings within the unit
- Act as cross-functional link/facilitator to Sourcing within the unit
- Support operations and materials management (SLs) with price negotiation and tendering for specific customer jobs
- Support other functions/roles in measuring and management of supplier/unit KPIs were needed
- Support the definition and ensure compliance with KONE policies, processes, procedures, and tools, especially in the field of Sourcing
- Ensure compliance with quality, safety, and environmental standards
- Follow-up suppliers KPIs/SLAs and performance and support measurements when needed
- Follow-up supplier related risks, define mitigation actions, and monitor implementation
- Arrange and conduct regular steering or review meetings with suppliers following standardized agenda
- Work with suppliers to identify Potential Cost saving Opportunities
- Steer/influence supplier segmentation within category and ensure that the suppliers' segmentation is maintained correctly in SAP
- Ensure that KONE supplier segmentation-specific processes are implemented for suppliers (e.g., audits, scorecard, risk management, etc.)
Performance Measures include Sourcing savings, Tender performance (number of executed tenders), Product cost reduction (SLs), Quality of cost models (especially SLs), Contract coverage % and quality, Quality of supplier master data, Compliance with internal control and trade compliance requirements, Compliance with contract owner tasks in alignment with KONE supplier segmentation, Collaboration with KONE stakeholders, within units, and with category teams, Accuracy and timeliness of data systems updates, Quality and timeliness of sourcing reporting, and Supplier quality KPIs (SLs: COT, EFR, FYCOR; FLs: COR, FYCOR, IQE, Transactional survey).
Technical and or commercial Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) required, or Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Sourcing, supply chain management or relevant area
Fluent level of English
Related spend expertise is an asset
What can KONE offer you?
- A chance to work with products that are used by millions of people every day; products and services that are widely recognized for their quality and innovation; and the opportunity to develop our existing product family and customer offering
- An excellent opportunity to work with leading technologies and partners on a truly global scale and within a global portfolio
- International career opportunities and award-winning career development planning
- A genuinely multicultural work environment - we have colleagues from 25 countries
- Flexible working hours and remote working opportunities
- Competitive medical benefits
- Matching 401K and Pension Plan
- 20 days PTO plus 11 holidays and 2 floating holidays
- KONE’s elevate your health program
- Applicant must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At KONE, we are focused on creating an innovative and collaborative working culture where we value the contribution of each individual. Employee engagement is a key focus area for us and we encourage participation and the sharing of information and ideas. Sustainability is an integral part of our culture and the daily practice. We follow ethical business practices and we seek to develop a culture of working together where co-workers trust and respect each other and good performance is recognized. In being a great place to work, we are proud to offer a range of experiences and opportunities that will help you to achieve your career and personal goals and enable you to live a healthy and balanced life.
Read more on
Your application has been successfully submitted.