International Sales Assistant
Full Job Description
Job Title: International Sales Assistant
Reports To: International Sales Territory Manager(s)
FLSA Status: Exempt/ Salary
Supervise the work of others: No
This position is responsible for providing an interface between international sales territory managers, in-house personnel and customers, when required; for performing various sales and marketing activities; and for coordinating internal proceedings within AMT to maintain and/or enhance customer relations and sales functions.
The position is based in Cleveland at AMT corporate headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned.
- Develop and maintain the ability to reach across departmental boundaries to satisfy international sales objectives.
- When required, communicates with current and prospective customers to solicit orders or discuss business, technical, and contractual concerns. This could be by telephone or written correspondence.
- Provides indirect support of customer and/or distributor matters through the appropriate territory manager.
- Effectively communicates international sales strategy and procedures with management; able to work autonomously; seeks decisions and provides critical information to management, as required.
- Participates in business plan preparation. Assists in formulating budgets and long-range plans. Forecasts anticipated monthly sales. Takes actions, as required, to maintain and improve results. Participates in various meetings, such as regulatory compliance, marketing, etc.
- Follow established contract review procedures and provide accurate quoting, order entry, status, shipments, returns, and credit information, as required.
- Proactively gather, synthesize and present data to international sales territory managers for course of action development.
- Plan, coordinate and accomplish all tasks associated with international trade shows.
- Travel up to 10% of the time, including nights, weekends, holidays and overnight.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university plus at least 3 years of sales management experience; or equivalent experience.
- Positive/can do attitude, ability to influence, tenacity, strong problem-solving skills, work with a sense of purpose and energy.
- Strong experience with analytical skills, proficient in MS EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Economics, Supply Chain, Business, and/or Communication from an accredited institution.
- Experience in sales lifecycle management.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM.
- Experience managing accounts.
- Experience with medical device export regulations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Maintains a valid Driver’s License.
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand complex analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; develop team to meet and exceed company standards; ensure compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive working relationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate for hours at a time, use computer equipment. Moderate noise level and limited exposure to physical risk.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Knowledge of modern business communication, office procedures and methods. Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork.
Equipment Used: telephones, computer, other office equipment as needed.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, and/or criminal background check.
AMT is an equal opportunity employer
From: Applied Medical Technology, Inc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.