Order & Logistics Coordinator
Bromma Spreaders is a global product, and the industry’s most experienced manufacturer of container spreaders and lifting equipment. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Purpose of the position
Bromma is currently seeking a qualitied team player to fill the position of Order and Logistics Coordinator at our warehouse facility in Ottawa, Kansas. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for coordinating the flow of our domestic and international sales orders, from the time they are entered by our sales team, through delivery to our Bromma customers. You will also be responsible to monitor, document, and track shipments to our Kansas facility from our other Global warehouses, and for receiving of these goods when they arrive.
As a part of the Bromma team, you will be working within a customer centric organization that is focused on always exceeding the expectations of our customers. You will regularly communicate with our Americas Sales and Services teams, our customers, and work in good partnership with our warehouse team in Ottawa.
Bromma Spreaders is a global product, and the industry’s most experienced manufacturer of container spreaders and lifting equipment. Our Americas operation is based out of Durham, North Carolina with supporting teams in Miami Florida and Ottawa, Kansas. Our Americas customer base included Ports and Terminals in North, Central, and South Americas, along with the Caribbean.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Warehouse and Order Management:
- Receiving goods through the inventory management system.
- System generation of parts and project orders.
- Track and manage ship complete orders.
- Ensure special instructions on customer orders are followed.
- Process and ensure delivery of customer direct POs from our overseas warehouses.
- Enter tracking details and freight costs into sales orders.
- Processing of invoices.
- Support warehouse staff with order related questions.
- Update as needed and maintain FedEx machine in the warehouse.
- Provide support for annual inventory.
- Photo documentation of parts and shipments when required.
- Backup support for purchasing activities.
- Monitor, track, and document inbound freight orders.
- Expedite inbound of urgent orders.
- Generate freight bill of ladings.
- Ensure necessary documentation are prepared and distributed to carriers, customers, agents, freight forwarders, and related.
- Working with freight forwarders on int’l shipments.
- Assist Latin America/Caribbean team and related customers, with pickup of international orders.
- Assist warehouse staff with shipping details and arrange shipments as needed.
- Complete reporting duties related to our shipments.
- Obtain, maintain, and hold certification for shipping of hazardous materials. (Battery Shipments)
- Assist sales team with the tracking of new equipment into the region.
Problem Resolution and Customer Support:
- Confirm inventory count when shipping errors occur.
- Working with customers on returns.
- Create credits notes as needed.
- Investigating order and shipment problems and document resolution.
- File claims with freight companies when shipments are lost or late.
- Emailing customers their invoices when they request them.
- Work directly alongside our customers to urgently resolve any logistics issues or shipping delays that may arise.
- Complete other tasks as required.
What you’ll need to succeed
Education & Experience
- High School degree required.
- Advanced education, degree or schooling in international logistics will be strongly considered.
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field.
- Experience in SAP warehousing management system or similar required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Service focused/minded
- Team mentality
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Sense of urgency
- Experience in domestic and international shipping
- Proficiency in Incoterms and trade agreements in the Americas region
You will be part of
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together. With us, you will have the opportunity to realize your potential and become an important member of our global team.
Interested to join?
Please submit your resume/CV today to be considered!
Bromma is part of Cargotec
The Cargotec companies offer products and services that make global trade faster, smarter and more sustainable. With it's business areas, Cargotec's vision is to become the global leader in sustainable cargo flow. Smarter cargo flow for a better everyday.
Bromma is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2021 totaled approximately EUR 3.3 billion and it employs around 11,500 people.
Your application has been successfully submitted.