Full Job Description
Develops a thorough understanding of clients’ shipping requirements and patterns. Demonstrates sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends equipment needs. Plans and schedules appropriate service line for situation (air, ocean, road transportation, etc.) to maintain an effective balance between service and shipment cost.
Ensures compliance with all government-related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments (i.e., customs, security, other import and foreign government agencies that regulate international trade).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises transportation and logistics solution services and activities for the import department.
- Supervises direct staff. Fosters a participative work environment. Serves as mentor and role model for department personnel. Completes performance reviews for assigned staff, ensuring timely and accurate performance feedback is received on a regular basis. Provides for development and training activities for assigned staff, encouraging continuous learning and performance improvement. Interviews, hires and maintains appropriate staffing levels. Manages the performance of the organization / department.
- Coordinates and leads team meetings, disseminating Company information, objectives, and client news to team.
- Supervises selected key accounts based upon size and complexity of requirements.
- Oversees, monitors, and actively manages key metrics and client margin factor, while ensuring value proposition is being maintained. Targets key accounts that need improvement and drives/facilitates improvement actions. Determines carrier strategy in order to drive increased margin and minimize problems and issues with the account.
- Supports Noatum Logistics continuous improvement efforts for internal processes and methodologies and support Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Develops and implements standard operational processes to ensure high quality services for customers. Documents processes and leverages training resource to institutionalize best practices. Performs regular evaluations of results accomplished.
- Ensures regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments. Ensures documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Oversees and completes accurate billing to clients based on established pricing while ensuring accurate costs and profits are maintained.
- Prepares timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Negotiates shipping rates and submits to Branch Manager for approval when necessary to be competitive.
- Develops and maintains successful relationships with local vendors (e.g. airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers) as well as other co-load carriers
- Ensures compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments (i.e., customs, security, other import government agencies that regulate international trade).
- 5-10 years operational experience in international transportation, preferably with an international logistics provider
- College degree in business, transportation, logistics or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Effective verbal, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Strong capabilities for following, establishing, and leading import and supply chain processes
- Knowledge and experience in PC (Excel and Word) applications
- College degree in business, transportation, logistics
- CargoWise experience
- Foreign Trade zone (FTZ) experience
- Certified Customs Specialist Certification
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e., customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
JOB # 414
Purchases, logistics and warehouse
Distribution and logistics
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.