Export Specialist I
Full Job Description
Develops a thorough understanding of clients’ shipping requirements and patterns. Demonstrates sound customer service and data entry skills to support growth within current position. Gains job related regulatory knowledge of current position.
Reviews and processes day to day operations, evaluates and recommends equipment needs. Plans and schedules appropriate service line for situation (ground, expedited, air, ocean, etc.) to maintain an effective balance between service and cost.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter transportation data from a regulatory and tracking perspective.
- Ensure regulatory requirements and proper documentation, including transit documents and customs clearances, exists for shipments.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, forwarders, customers, and agents, in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary data entry and confirmation of key milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) as specified by Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on established client pricing, while ensuring appropriate costs and profits are maintained.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish knowledge of Incoterms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develop methods and procedures for transportation of commodities for designated shippers from local or offshore locations to warehouses, other storage facilities or final consignee locations.
- Prepare timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Negotiate shipping rates and submit to Branch Manager for approval when necessary to be competitive.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with vendors (e.g., airline representatives, freight forwarders, custom brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers, etc.).
- Use established regulatory knowledge to apply classification of HTS/Schedule B numbers, tariff filing, hazardous material handling (as required by position) and any other government agency requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all government related programs specific to mode and direction of related shipments (i.e., customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate international trade).
- Process licensed shipments, assemblies, and in-bond movements.
- Maintain courteous, prompt and efficient customer relations.
- Participate as an effective team member with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Establish and maintain all necessary procedures to assure a clean, properly organized, safe and healthy environment for all personnel.
- 2-5 years operational experience in international transportation, preferably with an international freight forwarding company
- College degree in business, transportation, logistics, or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Excel and Word and PC applications
- CargoWise experience.
- Dangerous goods certification
- Knowledge of state, federal and international applicable laws and regulations as they relate to primary services provided (i.e., customs, security, other import and export government agencies that regulate).
JOB # 434
Purchases, logistics and warehouse
Distribution and logistics
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.