Full Job Description
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: IL Itasca - US021
The Service Coordinator is the primary point of contact for responding to client inquiries and issues. This includes resolving all inquires and issues and identifying root causes to ensure permanent resolution for assigned Clients. Provides secondary support for other Service Coordinators in their local “pool”.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond and resolve general and complex issues and inquiries and ensure that the issues are resolved at “root cause”.
- Maintain and monitor the relationship with our clients, continuously assessing strengths, weaknesses, up-sell opportunities and threats. Share this information with the leadership and client service team in order to strengthen our client relationships.
- Ensure clients are completely satisfied with the response and resolution to their inquiries and complaints.
- Research, respond and resolve complex client inquiries and issues such as information on import permits, refunds/amends, duty and tax calculations.
- Research, respond and resolve general inquiries such as how to complete import documentation, classification, billing/invoice, providing release information and other general questions.
- Respond to client issues and opportunities for improvement, including but not limited to: incorrect HS classification, slow release, incorrect billing codes or other invoicing concerns, missing paperwork, client process improvement needs.
- Process credits/rebills & determine write off/collection issues within prescribed guidelines and process B2 refunds or amends.
- Proactively provide client with Livingston information based on needs identified during reactive client contacts;
- Report client issues or concerns back to respective appropriate team member/department and work collaboratively to resolve to the client’s satisfaction;
- Recognize when issues have not been resolved to client satisfaction and escalate matters as appropriate;
- Handle Trade Compliance verification (audits);
- Attend face-to-face client meetings as required and may be required to conduct client exit interviews.
- Maintain up to date client and contact information and monitor client satisfaction based on information collected on the surveys.
- Document all client interactions in required systems.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Superior client service aptitude
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and must be comfortable interacting with both internal and external clients
- Good problem solving, judgement, analytical and decision-making skills
- Strong initiative skills with the ability to prioritize workload
- Good cross-functional, “team” player
- A solid foundation of operating systems knowledge
- Sound Livingston solution and technology knowledge and expertise
- Customs brokerage experience
- Proficient in Windows-based applications
- Knowledge of Customs requirements, procedures and regulations.
- Proficient knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule and regulations required
- Maintain a professional and business-like appearance
- Be familiar with industry related websites to search for information to provide to clients
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
2 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Required: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.