Import Compliance Manager/Licensed Customs Broker
Full Job Description
About BDP International:
BDP International is a privately held, family-owned non-asset based global logistics provider with annual sales exceeding $2.1 billion USD. Founded in 1966 by Richard Bolte Sr. and based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, BDP has grown to be one of the largest logistics providers in the world. BDP employs more than 3,900 people worldwide, and operates freight logistics centers in 270 cities across the world through a global network of wholly owned offices, joint ventures and affiliates in 135 countries.
The company serves more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Clients include Bayer, Dow, DuPont, Heineken USA, Honeywell, Johnson & Johnson, Revlon, Trek Bicycle, Wacker, and others.
- Review import shipment documentation from customer’s suppliers to identify and resolve errors and compliance issues prior to Customs entry.
- Conduct monthly entry audits.
- Work directly with the customer and their suppliers to obtain information required for responses to Customs as related to CF28’s, CF29’s and Post Entry Adjustments.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement through training, process management, implementing automated solutions and lean procedures.
- Responds to and supports internal and external audit findings as they relate to trade and import and export classifications and accurate government filing. Determines root cause and corrective actions and coordinates implementation thereof.
- Licensed Customs Broker required.
- BS/BA degree is not required but highly preferred.
- Prefer at least 2 years of experience handling import trafficking functions with a freight forwarder/broker.
- Prefer one (1) to three (3) years of experience in a customer service type environment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Good communication and organization skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
- The ability to work on a team and leadership experience is strongly desired.
- Candidate should have the ability to learn various computer programs.
- Entry writer & break bulk experience a plus.
Please note: There is no relocation or immigration assistance associated with this opening. This can be remote/hybrid position
Compensation based on experience. We offer a very competitive salary, full benefits, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and casual dress environment.
Please visit our website: www.bdpinternational.com
*** This is a great opportunity to advance your career! Come join our growing BDP team!***
BDP International - The Employer of Choice
Follow BDP International Career Pages!
Facebook l Twitter l LinkedIn
Your application has been successfully submitted.