Program Manager Customs Compliance
Full Job Description
The Customs Compliance Program Manager will support and enhance our Global Trade Compliance program. This position will work cross-functionally with the Supply Chain and Merchandising teams, as well as with product vendors and customs brokerage service providers. The position will help Floor & Decor ensure compliance with all Customs and Border Protection (CBP) regulations and optimize our customs compliance activities in order to support our tremendous growth as a hard surface flooring retailer. This position will provide learning and development support to the Customs Compliance Analysts on the team. In addition to customs broker performance oversight for daily entry management, this role will also help to execute strategic projects around classification, tariff mitigation, protest/exclusions analysis, FTZ, CTPAT, duty drawback and other relevant topics as the trade compliance landscape changes.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in International Affairs, supply chain or business administration is preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in a U.S. Customs/Regulatory Compliance environment. Importer or flooring experience is preferred.
- U.S. Customs Brokers License is required
- Thrives on a challenging and rapidly changing environment. Must be self-starter and can prioritize effectively.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must have proven track record developing, implementing, and managing new US Customs procedures and regulations as they occur.
- Strong computer skills including advanced Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to manage projects from discovery to roll-out, documenting key steps, bringing together the necessary cross-functional partners and driving accountability to deadlines
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Subject to National Security Screening
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze customs duty spend and implement opportunities to reduce cost
- Analyze exam spend and hold duration and implement opportunities to reduce cost and increase speed to market
- Analyze FTZ performance and implement opportunities to drive audit compliance and efficiency of operations. Evaluate software performance and provide recommendations on improvements
- Research and classify new and existing products in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) based on interpretation of government trade regulations, including preferential duty treatment opportunities
- Develop and manage performance scorecards for customs brokerage service providers. Provide recommendations and implement solutions to drive improvement in performance
- Support Customs Compliance Analyst activities below as needed based on workload allocation of the team throughout the year
- Manage and audit our Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) activities in our distribution centers
- Provide analytical support for Senior Manager Global Trade Compliance & Senior Director of International Logistics
- Manage compliance and customs brokerage SOPs
- Provide support for our export sales team including AES filing
- Manage CTPAT process including vendor and DC reviews and audits
- Serve as training mentor for new compliance associates on the team
WORKING CONDITIONS (TRAVEL & ENVIRONMENT)
- This position is salaried, exempt, knowing it may include hours which exceed eight hours in a day or forty hours in a week
- Occasional travel required including air and car travel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to a warehouse environment and moving vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet to moderate
NOTE: Floor & Decor considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or familial status, veteran status, or based on any other class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Floor & Decor also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer at its sole discretion.
Benefits & Rewards
- Bonus opportunities at every level
- Career advancement opportunities
- Relocation opportunities across the country
- 401k with discretionary company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Referral Bonus Program
- Corporate Discount Programs
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and other Insurance Plans (subject to eligibility criteria)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Floor & Decor is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity for all associates and applicants. F&D recruits, hires, trains, promotes, compensates and administers all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, testing, screening, hiring, selection for training, upgrading, transfer, demotion, layoff, discipline, termination, compensation, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment. This policy and the law prohibit employment discrimination against any associate or applicant on the basis of any legally protected status outlined above.
Your application has been successfully submitted.