VP, Global Transportation
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for the VP Global Transportation. This position can be located in the US, ideally in New Jersey. Zug, Switzerland may also be considered. Relocation can be included, if necessary.
Johnson & Johnson Deliver Group is part of Johnson & Johnson’s global Supply Chain organization supporting operations across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Deliver strives to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer-facing-functions such as customer service, distribution and transportation. In addition, Deliver oversees critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. It supports all sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Devices / MedTech (including Vision), Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. Located in every region of the world where Johnson & Johnson operates, Deliver is a critical component of our supply chain, working collaboratively to ensure that quality, safety and the experience of our customers is our top priority.
This high profile role leads global trade strategy and execution for Deliver Transportation by bringing functional expertise that will develop and deliver cross segment (Med Tech /Pharm) strategy and capability across transportation management and trade operations.
Strategy setting for Global Transportation
- Ensure successful regional adoption and capability development across our markets to enable efficient and compliant movement of cross border trade focusing on order fulfillment operations (E2E interfaces, distribution, transportation, trade operations).
- Responsible for developing and implementing centralized supply chain strategies and controlling the efficient flow of goods, services, and information from potential sources to affiliates
- Develop a comprehensive global strategy focusing on emerging technologies to drive efficiencies and keep pace with new and existing regulations
- Leads Global Transportation operations producing best in class cross segment performance, deliver SLAs.
- Development of strategic direction of third party relations, including partnerships in the transportation and 3PL area, to drive best in class logistics and compliance processes
- Drive strong interdependent partnering at a senior level – both within MedTech, Pharm at an Enterprise level.
- Leads the people strategy for an organization of approximately 200 employees across all regions and countries and all levels of the organization.
- Builds and develops diverse, high-performance teams with a strong sense of mission
- Promotes a vision and drives change to transform organizations, via strong engagement/communication
- Develops talent, including future focused capabilities (e.g. Digital); actively sponsors and mentors key talent across E2E supply chain
- Collaborates via strong partnerships internally and externally with a customer focus
- Leads connection with segments & E2E supply chain by providing visibility, analytics and driving continuous improvement
- Interfaces with Segments to deliver Transport optimization initiatives
- Partners with Segments to define Deliver Transportation strategy for segment and implications for project pipeline; ensures segment priorities are integrated
- In collaboration with Segments defines last mile deliver capability priorities and partners with to prioritize, pilot and scale up partnership opportunities
- Partners with segments and SC to define, prioritize and execute business requirements for systems, IT, MDM, and analytics
- Partners with J&J compliance functional pillars to set compliance agenda, monitor performance, surface and drive rapid resolution of compliance risk; supports trade compliance for segments, including execution of the global trade operating model program
- Shared accountability for OTIF-D as part of E2E SC; drives continuous improvement against failure modes linked to Deliver including partnering to address E2E issues
- Work with the regions and segments to establish Working capital and Cycle time targets and drive continuous improvement
- Shared accountability with E2E SC for driving cost to serve, ensures a process is in place to provide visibility to cost to serve implications of E2E processes and choices, jointly sets and works to achieve cost to serve optimization targets
Key Working Relationships:
- MedTech & Pharm SCLT and Regional MedTech & Pharm SC LTs
- J&J SCLT
- Major 3PL & 4PL providers (DHL, CEVA, Kuehne Nagel)/ Customs Clearance Agents
- Logistics / Customer Service Solutions providers (SwissLog, SFDC)
- Trade Customers
- Industry Associations
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
- Bachelor’s / University Degree is required, with preference in Logistics, Supply Chain or Business
- Minimum 12 years of business experience, ideally with end-to-end responsibilities within supply chain, across compliance, plan, source, make, and deliver functions.
- Background in Healthcare, Electronics, FMCG is preferred
- Expertise across core global transportation or distribution and carrier / 3PL management processes, contracts, and relationships is required
- Demonstrated experience overseeing execution of global compliance frameworks which ensure compliance programs are well-integrated into the company’s operations and workforce
- Strong business acumen and understanding of the end-to-end supply chain is required
- Minimum 10 years of people management experience is required, including leading Director level senior leaders
- Demonstrated skill in influencing and collaboration within and across organizations, globally and at all organizational levels
- Big picture orientation with ability to represent broader supply chain thinking
- Advanced level of expertise in PowerPoint and execution of presentations to leadership is required
- Experience working in a highly matrixed, global organization is required; Multi-sector experience is preferred
- Demonstrated impact in increasingly complex leadership roles, including roles requiring orchestration and influence; E2E mindset and collaborative, influence-based leadership approach
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity across a broad portfolio of initiatives
- Business fluency in English is required
- Ability to travel 30% domestically and internationally is required
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway-425 Hoes Lane
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)
Your application has been successfully submitted.