Specialist, Trade Compliance
Full Job Description
Job Title: Specialist, Trade Compliance
Job Code: CS20220709-90074
Job Location: Remote
L3Harris Trade Compliance is an important function within the international business segment. As a part of the International Programs Support team, candidates will be consistently working with L3Harris Program Management personnel to provide guidance related to the imports and exports of U.S. State Department and U.S. Commerce Department controlled goods. Candidates must be able to work effectively with a cross-functional team to effectively keep L3Harris in compliance with the regulations while also helping to foster international growth within the business. Senior professional with strong knowledge of ITAR and EAR regulations and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Ensure compliance with ITAR, and EAR related to export transfer to AU and UK Regions.
- Responsible for providing compliance guidance to business personnel, domestically and internationally.
- Work closely with international teams to review and approve permissible documentation for export, consistent with authorizations.
- Work with Trade Compliance staff and international business team to develop effective corrective action plans related to document requests
- Oversee the completion of corrective actions, to include tracking, validating, reporting on, and closing corrective actions
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements
- Assist with responses to government or corporate inquiries on ITAR, EAR, Customs, and other trade related matters
- Contribute to the development of case studies, policies and procedures, trainings, and communications related to trade compliance issues
- Review TAAs, Provisos to determine the applicability of export authorization for the export of Controlled Informatio
- Conduct reviews of potential Export Controlled Information (Technical Data/Technology) to determine the export rating/classification of documents and commodities
- Assist with the execution of special projects related to compliance matters
- Reports to the Manager, Technical Trade Compliance in the Communications Systems segment of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience, or, Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience. Years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience working with OCR EASE
- Experience conducting/documenting Order of Reviews
- Experience conducting Jurisdiction Classification
- Strong investigative skills with prior experience investigating ITAR and EAR matters
- Subject matter expertise in understanding government regulations with primary focus on ITAR and EAR requirement
- The ability to coordinate simultaneous activities, and successfully prioritize multiple tasks with good judgment
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role in Colorado is $56,000 - $99,000. This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location. L3Harris also offers a variety of benefits including: health and disability insurance, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and company-paid holidays. The specific programs and options available to an employee may vary depending on date of hire, schedule type, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Your application has been successfully submitted.