Full Job Description
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create meaningful contributions to the world.
This role is an integral part of the Asheville site procurement team. In this role you will be responsible for the performance, relationship, delivery, and PO placements for a select commodity of suppliers. Required skills are the ability to clearly communicate issues, drive root cause and corrective actions to ensure acceptable part deliveries, work cross-functionally on NPI product procurement and to develop and implement source strategies
The Buyer/Planner is also responsible for leading the overall planning activities by balancing demand and supply from the high-level aggregate volume level to the detailed-level of product mix. Buyer/Planner responsibilities include, but are not limited to, ensuring a robust demand management process is in place to achieve excellent customer service levels while driving to meet TFS operational and financial goals while ensuring compliance with all TFS policies (which includes monitoring revenue, forecasting, capacity analysis, and end-of-life (EOL) activities).
- Understand contractual agreements, between customers and TFS, on material liability.
- Establish customer commitment dates based on the demand plan and material/capacity constraints.
- Maintain an achievable build & ship plan, focused on minimizing costs and internal lead-time.
- Manage and maintain usable/available capacity.
- Drive data integrity in the capacity analysis tool (run rate accuracy, loading level and ramp rate agreement).
- Manage accurate effectivity dates resulting from Engineering Changes (ECNs).
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, including ECN’s, supplier transfers, and End of Life (EOL) activity.
- Work with the Global Trade Compliance Team (GTC) to ensure regulatory compliance; ensure accurate Inco Terms are applied.
2. Daily Activities
- Plan and schedule production.
- Purchase required materials to support both the future forecast and current customer orders.
3. Support and actively participate in monthly revenue, forecast cycle.
- Manage and communicate all revenue progression and risks to operations weekly.
- Communicate all product requirements via capacity model, and all future changes in capacity.
4. Key Performance Indicators & Reporting:
- CAS (Customer Allegiance Score)
- OTD (On Time Delivery)
- Inventory Days of Supply (DOS)
- Drive efficiency and productivity
- Promote Safety
- Generate Daily Reports and participate in Daily Tier Meetings
5. Develop a firm understanding of cross-functional responsibilities, processes, and goals.
- Possess active knowledge of supply chain, inventory control, logistics and manufacturing.
- Deep understanding of critical components, pricing, lead-time, and excess inventory.
- Resolve, handle and control inventory levels for all goods.
6. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Degree in supply chain management or equivalent, along with 1-5 years of applicable experience
- Expert PC skills, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheets.
- ERP/MRP experience.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Must have strong analytic capability.
- Ability to effectively and professionally work under pressure, in a team-oriented environment, with frequent changes in deadlines and priorities.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.