Compliance Specialist II
Full Job Description
How will you make an impact?
This position is responsible for ensuring all import activities are completed in compliance with applicable government rules and regulations. The Global Trade Compliance (GTC) Specialist will support the Life Science Group (LSG) Global Trade Compliance Manager by assisting with our Drawback and import compliance programs. This includes, without limitation, adherence to applicable US laws and regulations pertaining to international trade as well as ensuring compliance with Thermo Fisher Scientific corporate policies.
What will you do?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep tabs on pertinent regulations and respond accordingly to update all functions/personnel in the division that are affected by changes.
- Preferred knowledge of Drawback as this will be a primary responsibility
- Collaborate with freight forwarders, US customs officers, custom brokers, and internal and customers on all matters pertaining to customs and import regulations.
- Conduct post entry reviews of imports and ensure recordkeeping
- Maintain and improve policies, and procedures to ensure site-wide compliance with regulations and corporate policy
How will you get here?
Minimum Experience and Skills Required:
- 2-3 years experience in trade compliance or similar function
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of US Tariff Schedule, Import regulations
- Drawback experience and understanding.
- Ability to work within teams and independently with minimal direction
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask, prioritize and be adaptable
- Proven communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to quickly manipulate data and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels and functions of the organization, including serving providers
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners in order to implement GTC initiatives across cross-functional departments
- Capable of resolving problems and supporting root-cause analysis
- Ability to apply judgment and discretion
Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5 reasons to work with us. As one global team of 140,000 colleagues, we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives are valued.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.