Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
Graco manufactures and markets premium equipment to move, measure, control, dispense and spray a wide variety of fluid and powder materials. What does that mean? Well, we pump peanut butter into your jar, and the oil in your car. We glue the soles of your shoes, the glass in your windows and the screen on your phone. We spray the finish on your vehicle, coatings on your pills, the paint on your house and texture on your walls. Graco is part of your daily life.
Graco has excellent opportunities available to individuals who want to be part of fast-moving, growing company – especially candidates committed to quality, innovation and solving customer problems. Graco was proud to be named a Best Place to Work in Manufacturing and Production by Fortune Magazine in 2016, 2018, 2019 and 2021.
Graco is a global leader in the design, development and manufacture of highly-engineered systems for numerous industrial and commercial applications. We have excellent corporate opportunities including positions in accounting, finance, information technology, purchasing, marketing, communications and human resources.
Provide daily operational execution against the company’s trade compliance programs, policies, procedures, and internal audit programs to ensure compliance with US and Foreign Government import and export regulations.
- Provide day-to-day operational execution for the trade Compliance function that include: export control classifications, tariff classification, country of origin determination, and recordkeeping
- Establish and monitor service providers’ performance and report monthly to management as well as participate in quarterly supplier business reviews.
- Conduct internal and external audits assessing Graco’s global trade compliance for all Graco U.S. operating entities. Assist in determining and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist other departments within the company to research and recommend global logistics/compliance synergies that may reduce costs and regulatory risks.
- Primary contact with Customs Brokers
- Provide time-in-transit and landed cost details when requested.
- Maintain correct and timely ISF filings for inbound ocean shipments
- Qualification and documentation management for Free Trade Agreements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- International Trade Program Certification or 5+ years combination of education and trade compliance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- US Customs Broker License desirable
- 5+ years trade compliance experience
- HTS classification and FTA/Country of Origin determination experience
- Ability to participate in cross-functional teams within Graco to achieve goals and objectives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the ability to influence others through demonstrated expertise
- Experience managing third party logistics service providers
- Strong working knowledge of EAR, US Customs laws and regulations, tariff classification, valuation, and country of origin determination
Proven Quality. Leading Technology. Launch your career with Graco!
Graco offers attractive compensation, benefits and career development opportunities. Graco’s comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, stock purchase plan, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more.
Our expectations are high. That's why we are always looking to hire the brightest and the best!
Your application has been successfully submitted.