West Regional Sales Manager
Full Job Description
Sales and promotion of Yamato products in defined territory. This includes assessment, creative and implementation of strategies and tactics needed to achieve goals as outlined by company management. Maintain and build customer base within assigned territory.
- Direct sales activities to dealers and distributors and key users, including training and personal visits to key contacts within territory.
- Overnight business travel in the 40% to 50% range.
- Assessment, creation, and implementation of strategies and tactics needed to achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Nurturing relationships with significant end users that will result in the specification of Yamato products by those accounts.
- Cooperation and coordination, as required, with all departments within Yamato.
- Assess current market situation and provide field intelligence on competitive activity, changes in markets, distribution and pricing as well as input on customer preferences and product features. Provide recommendations for marketing activities to increase sales.
- Provide monthly reports and forecasts, and other information and reports as requested.
- Participation in quarterly sales meetings at Yamato in Grafton, WI, or as deemed necessary.
- Attendance at USA and international trade shows as directed.
- Other activities and tasks as may be directed.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBLITIES: No.
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Regular travel by airplane and automobile in conducting business is required. Must reside near a major airport.
- Over 5 years of territory management experience in sales. Industry experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, self-motivated, energetic, and outgoing.
- Computer literature literate in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word and Teams virtual meetings. Epicor knowledge a plus.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and must be insurable.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms and lift up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Eligibility on first day of employment for company-paid benefits such as health, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability subject to plan terms. *Yamato currently pays for 100% of the health, dental and vision premiums!!!
- Eligibility for 401(k) plan on 1st day of month following 30 days of service with a company match of 4% on employee deferral of 5% or more. Additionally, you are fully vested in the employer match on Day1 if enrolled in the plan!
- 18 paid time off (PTO) days accrued by calendar year.
- Ten (10) Company-paid holidays per calendar year
Your application has been successfully submitted.