Customs & Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
If you are passionate about customs brokerage, and you want to get paid well for something you love to do while working at an amazing company then keep reading!*
- About us: *
- A & A has been in business for 43 years and we specialize in customs brokerage - but we are not your average broker
- Our Glassdoor reviews are the best in the industry! - check us out at: https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-A-and-A-Contract-Customs-Brokers-EI_IE1864045.11,43.htm
- We have been certified as a Great Place to Work by our own employees!
- Our minimum wage starts at $20/hour. No job is paid less than this at A & A
- You can work from home, giving you the flexibility to work from anywhere!
- We have amazing benefits including our Honeymoon Hi-5 program that offers paid time off, Learning & Tuition reimbursement, and other paid time off programs not seen anywhere else
We invite you to bring your skills to our company and see what A & A has to offer
We are a values-based organization and a dedicated group of professionals who value teamwork, learning and development, and cutting-edge innovation while having fun too! We take a great deal of pride in developing long-term relationships and in supporting our community and our environment.
Our U.S. office is excited to welcome a Customs & Trade Compliance Manager to our team!
The primary focus of this position is to ensure compliance in all areas of customs/duties with the goal of minimizing assessments resulting from CBP audits, and that all Customs entries are reviewed and Customs amends are prepared accurately and submissions are made on a timely basis. This position requires a detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and the ability to identify and challenge issues. This position will primarily be responsible for maintaining and supporting the company's customs compliance and internal processes.
The role will support the Operations and Sales team in ensuring that the requirements and business processes associated with the clearance process while ensuring that risks and opportunities are identified and managed efficiently:
- Support day-to-day compliance activities of the company
- Assist with developing and implementing internal processes to identify Duties paid in error to CBP
- Solicit and verify the certificate of origin and other records needed to support free trade agreement claims
- Handle CBP compliance verifications and other inquiries and requirements
- Provide trade compliance support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Minimum two years of relevant experience dealing with trade and customs matters with a concentration in tariff classification, rules of origin, and customs valuation
- Prior experience in tax or advisory services firm, customs brokerage, government, or trade law firm an asset
- Experience in trade compliance, and regulatory requirements in the USA
- Posses the ability to simplify complex customs policies/procedures for clients.
- Strong analytical/investigative skills and a proven work ethic with a desire to do more than is expected.
- Ethical, self-motivated, and capable of working under minimal supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills, proven interpersonal skills, and
follow-up skills are required
This position will be fully remote, giving you the flexibility to work from anywhere!
We offer a competitive salary, benefits (health, dental & vision), a 401k program, tuition reimbursement programs, professional training, and paid time off.
To learn more about us, visit: * https://www.aacb.com/*
#ServewithEthusiasm #MakeitHappen #PlayasaTeam #Learn&Grow
A & A Customs Broker is a fair and equitable company. We welcome and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of ethnicity, race, religious beliefs, disability, age, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location: 2 12th Street, Blaine, WA 98230
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Your application has been successfully submitted.