Global Trade Compliance - FTA Specialist
Full Job Description
ChampionX has an immediate need for a Global Trade Compliance-FTA Specialist located in Sugar Land, TX. The Free Trade Agreement Specialist in Global Trade Compliance is responsible for supporting FTA compliance regulations and activities for ChampionX’s global business.
The objective of this role is to support import/export FTA compliance management, including process type determination, auditing, database management, process input/SOP maintenance, training, reporting and metrics. This objective is aligned with the ChampionX Legal Department’s mission of supporting business growth and reducing risk of compliance gaps.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments unlock energy responsibly and sustainably.
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, and more!
What You Will Do:
- Provide support in responding to global customs authority FTA related inquiries and requested information
- Assist with conducting FTA compliance trade assessments/audits
- Solicit for FTA or country of origin certificates from raw material suppliers
- Respond to internal and external customer FTA requests in a timely manner.
- Qualify finished goods according to the applicable free trade agreement rules
- Complete process type determinations per applicable FTA definitions
- Make country of origin determinations per applicable marking rules
- Assist in identifying, evaluating and applying duty mitigating global programs (i.e., concession orders)
- Maintain FTA databases/systems and templates
- Follow recordkeeping guidelines
- Write and maintain desk procedures and SOPs
- Update ERP systems to ensure FTA master data is current
- Provide KPI’s and monthly metrics regarding number of requests and turnaround time
- Stay up to date on FTA regulation changes
- Attend training courses to improve knowledge in the above
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in Free Trade Agreement programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly organized with quantitative and analytical attention to detail
- Collaborative and able to develop relationships across multiple divisions
- Must possess a high level of autonomy and be able to succeed with very little supervision
- Demonstrated time/self-management ability - managing tasks, deadlines, and changing priorities in a team environment
- Immigration sponsorship not available for this role
- Knowledge and experience with the Tariff Schedule, International Incoterms, Import and Export compliance programs
- Familiarity with import/export trade regulations (CBP, CBSA, BIS, Dept of State, OFAC) and analytical ability to interpret regulations
- Paralegal, Audit or Customs broker training
- International logistics background
- SAP enterprise software knowledge a plus
- Oracle enterprise software knowledge a plus
- Experience with automation or process improvement projects.
- Familiarity with Chemical Product Composition
- MS Office Suite ; Outlook, Access, Excel, and Word
ChampionX is a global leader in providing chemistry programs and services, drilling technology, artificial lift solutions, and automation technologies for the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry. Our world-class safety culture fuels our purpose to improve lives through our commitment to deliver sustainable operations.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At ChampionX, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every employee can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of employees and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.