Global Trade Principal Specialist (Hybrid)
Full Job Description
Pratt & Whitney is working to once again transform the future of flight—designing, building and servicing engines unlike any the world has ever seen. And because transformation begins from within, we’re seeking the people to drive it. So, calling all curious.
Come ready to explore and you’ll find a place where your talent takes flight—beyond the borders of title, a country or your comfort zone. Bring your passion and commitment and we’ll welcome you into a tight-knit team that takes our mission personally. Channel your drive to make a difference into shaping an organization and an industry that’s evolving fast to the future.
Are you ready to go beyond?
Pratt & Whitney is planning to invest at least $650 million through 2027 in a world-class turbine airfoil production facility in Asheville, North Carolina. The new 1,000,000-square-foot facility will house an advanced casting foundry for the production of turbine airfoils as well as conduct machining, coating and finishing of airfoils onsite. The new, state-of-the-art facility will implement best-in-class manufacturing technologies and processes exemplifying industry 4.0 manufacturing principles and will complement existing turbine airfoil work that is done across Pratt & Whitney’s facilities. The Operations and Quality Global Trade team is seeking an experienced and qualified Global Trade professional to perform in a hybrid role located at the Asheville, NC facility scheduled for completion in mid-2022.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide day to day Global Trade (GT) guidance to a diverse organization
- Work closely with Operations, Quality, and Core Legal GT teams to provide guidance and resolve GT issues
- Identify compliance risks, conduct/assist audits and development of plans to eliminate/mitigate GT risks
- Lead/facilitate GT investigations and DIVEs to ensure root cause is identified and sustained corrective action is put into place to drive down escapes
- Ensure the export jurisdiction & classification determinations are recorded for all items, technology, & software, and export markings are fully applied
- Support on-site GT infrastructure including part-time GT Focals and authorized users of export licenses and/or owners of such authorizations
- Ensure the screening of suppliers, vendors, customers, & visitors is conducted per RTX and P&W policy
- Assist site in deploying standard work/written procedures for implementation of GT control processes
- Assist with GT self-assessment process for the site, including continuous improvement, validation, and audit
- Actively support implementation and sustainment of a compliance program consistent with local (non-U.S.) trade compliance laws and regulations, as applicable, in addition to RTX and P&W policy
- Represent Operations and Quality GT as required, in GT initiatives led by the GT Legal organization and ensure that business unit needs and requirements are sufficiently addressed in these initiatives and process improvement projects
- Perform other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years' of experience or an advanced degree and at least 2 years' of relevant experience
- 2+ years of International Trade Compliance experience (BAER/GT Focal or prior full/part time GT professional role)
- US Citizenship or US person required due to government contracts
- Advanced degree and/or JD
- Strong understanding of Import and Export Regulations in the US
- Experience with SAP/GTS
- JCL2 certification
- ACE Associate Certification
What is my role type?
In addition to transforming the future of flight, we are also transforming how and where we work. We’ve introduced role types to help you understand how you will operate in our blended work environment. This role is:
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. This means that responsibilities of the job need to be performed onsite on a regular basis. This role will require the successful candidate to live within commuting distance of the Asheville, North Carolina facility and commuting to and from the facility is the employee’s personal responsibility.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.