Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
The Senior Trade Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting all export and import functions under the Company Corporate Compliance Program and acts as Corporate Trade Compliance Officer. The manager will possess practical knowledge of U.S. Export Administration Regulations, and Customs and Border Protection Regulations, export/import, documentation, and recordkeeping. Demonstrate understanding and application of regulatory principles, concepts, and practices related to global supply chain, including the government sector. The manager works with all levels within the corporation and contains the following qualities: good communication, strong presentation, planning, organizing, analytical, and interpersonal skills, and able to coordinate diverse activities in a fast-paced environment. Other responsibilities are providing procedural guidance, export/import, and regulatory support for internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, implements, and maintains export/import processes and UNICOM Engineering Trade Compliance projects and programs as the Senior Trade Compliance Specialist
- Responsible for defining, proceduralizing, and conducting trade compliance audits and ensure corrective action processes are in place to comply with U.S. Government regulations.
- Review and report on the state of the company's compliance effectiveness, report areas of risk, recommend solutions, and obtain guidance and/or decision support for required improvements.
• Serve as prime contact for export/import compliance and government inquiries or notifications related to export/import compliance issues. • Monitor and support operation process controls through regular interface with supply chain, suppliers, sales operations, logistics/shipping, and customers to keep the company compliant with trade regulations. • Stay current on U.S. Export/Import regulatory changes and proposed legislation.
• Administer and monitor compliance of record retention program according to U.S. recordkeeping requirements • Understand the business and operational challenges resulting from the export/import regulations as well as non-trade compliance matters. • Manage UNICOM Engineering’s U.S. customs brokers and perform post-entry audits against customs reports and customs broker electronic data, vendor, and shipper invoice, and import documentation and respond to customs inquiries including collecting information from various sources, constructing, and submitting response to regulatory authorities (e.g., CF28's and CF29’s) • Prepares and files all required reports as specified by government export and import compliance agencies.
• Resolves all trade compliance issues for customers, including proper classification of goods and required documentation for customs clearance. 496-5019-00 Rev 0C • Works with the logistics/shipping department to verify all processes and procedures are in place to ensure compliance with state, federal, and foreign regulations and specifications.
- Works with carriers to ensure procedures are in place to optimize international shipments.
- Works with IT group to implement required systems to guarantee trade compliance (Schedule B and ECCN codes and licensing if applicable)
• Learns about company’s business as appropriate. Shows up to work on time and attends work as scheduled. • All other duties as requested by supervisor or department head
COMPETENCY QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If an employee does not meet the required competency level in any area, a required development training plan will be implemented. Job-Specific Competencies: (Education and/or years of experience; technical and/or analytical; software or applications; department and/or position specific; internal or external certifications required)
- BS degree required.
- 8-10 years related experience.
- Requires up to date knowledge of U.S. export administration regulations (EAR) including licensing process, proliferation controls, trade embargoes, export documentation, AES, and Treasury Departments and Customs Border and Protection customs regulations.
- Critical thinking and excellent problem solving and analysis skills with capability of multi-tasking and prioritizing with excellent time management and organization skills.
• Experience with process improvement plans, measurements, Trade compliance operations tracking, data and statistics. • Ability to quickly adjust priorities to meet business needs and to work in fast a pace environment.
- Capable of working independently and on own initiative.
• Excellent customer interface skills • Ability to solve moderate to complex problems.
- Be able to always project a professional image.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to follow all applicable Business Management System (BMS) processes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.