Americas Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
Maxeon Solar Technologies is a global leader in solar innovation. Built from 35 years of boundary-pushing solar innovation, Maxeon designs, manufactures, and sells industry-leading SunPower branded solar products. Maxeon is Powering Positive Change every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 5,000 people globally.
We push the boundaries , taking solar technology higher, faster, and farther than before.
We hold ourselves to a higher standard , striving for the highest integrity, safety, and quality.
We thrive together as a global team, embracing our diverse backgrounds to make a positive impact on the world.
Join us in POWERING POSITIVE CHANGE™
Oversees the planning and controls the flow of materials, products, services, and related systems information from point of origin to point of delivery. Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to supply chain services, inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, third-party warehousing, and shipping/receiving activities. Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Provides financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories. Exhibits a thorough understanding of international Letters of Credit and other forms of banking documents and international shipments. Interacts with vendors and peers in Manufacturing, Sales, Finance, and Product Development personnel to optimize systems and procedures. Selects develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Responsible for implementing a trade compliance program that allows for identifying risks, and preventing and mitigating damages related to the customs laws of countries where the company operates.
Oversees Maxeon's compliance with all international laws and regulations regarding US trade requirements. Revolve around managing officers and trade specialists to determine the best business Maxeon practices to ensure smooth trade across international borders. Duties include reviewing trade and shipping documents, communicating with the manufacturer of the goods, submitting paperwork for trade licenses and sales agreements, and filing appeals.
Supervises activities and resources within a functional area.
Supports day-to-day efforts necessary to achieve the business plan and to satisfy the needs of SunPower’s customers.
Performs some tasks as an individual contributor.
Applies specialized subject matter knowledge to solve moderately complex issues within established guidelines.
Demonstrates a working knowledge of customer requirements and ensures that work is directed toward resolving customer issues.
Impact / Discretion:
Poor decisions or failure to deliver results will cause schedule delays that impact areas outside immediate team.
Provides general direction, supervision, and mentoring to first-line supervisors and highly skilled individual contributors within a functional area.
Directs and provides expertise within functional area teams and participates in cross-functional initiatives.
Serves as a point of escalation for direct reports.
Develops and delivers performance reviews.
Involved in both personnel (hiring and termination) and compensation decisions.
Engages with the customer and third-party representatives to ensure mutual understanding of expectations.
Operates without day-to-day supervision.
Handles routine and unique situations, asking for advice when necessary.
- Import, Export & transportations dept.,
- Shipping & Receiving areas,
- Purchasing dept.,
- Materials dept.,
- Finance area,
- Planning dept.,
- Production area,
- Security & Facilities dept.,
- HR dept,
- IT dept.
- Maxeon Logistics groups,
- NA, LATAM, EMEA & APAC business units,
- Order fulfillment,
- US & MX Government agencies,
- US & MX Customs Agencies,
- External warehouse & 3PL services providers,
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience
And 0-2 years of people management experience
OR equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
1. Design/Map/Assess Supply Chain Risk management analysis for with import/exports team such as classification, valuation, FTA filing,
2. Develop, implement and enforce all aspects of the U.S. Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) & Approved Economic Operator (AEO) programs throughout the organization,
3. Be the primary liaison between the company and third parties regarding all matters of trade compliance,
4. Ensure compliance with U.S. import regulations (current/pending/new regulations) and other government agencies,
5. Ensure products are properly described and the classification/duty rate is properly assigned according to the General Rules of Interpretation, the Explanatory Notes, U.S. Customs Informed Compliance publications, binding rulings, and Anti-Dumping and/ or Countervailing issued by Customs for similar items,
6. Ensure the timely payment of customs duties and fees,
7. Handle day-to-day compliance issues that delay the clearance of goods through the customs process and anticipate problems and diffuse situations,
8. Interface and liaise daily with Import, Export & Logistics Dept, Global Sourcing and Buying Depts., as well as Distribution Center Operations,
9. Manage relationships with suppliers and service providers to ensure their compliance with Sunpower SOP,
10. Review general brokerage operations and recommends service improvements or development of new deliverables,
11. Contacting clients for clearance-related information,
12. Investigating shipment delays and queries,
13. Providing duty advice,
14. Solving problems related to technical customs activities,
15. Answering customer questions and advice on operational customs matters,
16. Manage CF 28 & CF 29, Section 201, 301, Safeguard Measures & Quotas, CV/AD cases
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by national, federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.