IT Director, Distribution and Logistics Operations
Full Job Description
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $42 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer! Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving sophisticated challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or growing efficiency in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our distributed team of more than 120,000 colleagues delivers an outstanding combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. Thermo Fisher Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The IT Director, Distribution and Logistics Operations will lead a complementary team of IT leaders, architects, and analysts responsible for the deployment and support of Warehouse Management, Transportation Management, and Shipping and Trade Compliance applications for the Life Sciences and Laboratory Products Group.
- Partner and meet with key internal customers frequently, assuring alignment with current and evolving business needs
- Support both greenfield and existing distribution facility projects, planning large-scale WMS technology and automation deployments to meet budgets and timelines to the needed performance and quality standards
- Lead the IT program portfolio for distribution and logistics, leading strong execution and focused prioritization of team efforts to assure the greatest impact of the most vital work
- Collaborate with IT team leaders to institute production support and service delivery processes and key measurements of the health of those processes
- Drive down application cost of ownership and technical debt using DevOps principles and process automation, improving the efficiency of the team and providing greater opportunity for their growth and innovation
- Mentor and lead the team in accordance with our 4i Values (Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement)
- 10+ years consistent track record as an IT leader in distribution / supply chain operations, with significant experience as a leader of line leaders within an organization
- Understanding of end to end supply chain processes and systems and how shipping and transportation are the bigger picture
- Ability to communicate clearly, taking complexity down to its essence and employing practical storytelling to represent the team’s efforts and needs
- Conversance in needed ways of thinking – most significantly Lean, ITIL, and DevOps
- Ability to travel to distribution centers to collaborate with the IT team and business partners
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits! Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.