Sr. Implementation Specialist, Global Trade
We are an enterprise software, content, and services provider of Global Trade – meaning, we build software to help companies manage international trade. Our
Job Description Summary
ONESOURCE software helps companies get their products across borders and into the hands of consumers. We’re looking for smart, creative, individuals to work directly with our customers and implement our software.
The Implementation Specialist will be part of an international team implementing the Global Trade cloud software in companies of all sizes. Our solution offers content and tools for Material Classifications, denied party screenings, Imports, Exports, Foreign Trade Zone, Free Trade Agreements, and more.
Within this program, we offer extensive training, mentoring, and guidance to start you on the path to a successful career in consulting at Thomson Reuters. You will be trained in best practices, methodologies, and gain the technical and functional skills required to participate in enterprise software projects focused on supporting Global Trade and Compliance departments. These projects include the implementation of enterprise software, content, and services for our customers.
About the Role
In this opportunity as Sr. Implementation Specialist, Global Trade, you will:
- Design: work with clients to translate their business processes into our solutions. Lead requirements sessions.
- Configure: set up the system to meet the client's needs. Deliver technical configuration primarily via SQL and XML.
- Test: prepare and execute test scripts.
- Training: train the key user using our solution.
- Deploy: assist the client in production (hyper-care period) then transition to support.
- Engage with internal teams to deliver end-to-end solutions (Product Management, Sys Engineering, etc.).
You’re a fit for the role of Sr. Implementation Specialist, Global Trade, if your background includes:
- 3+ years related work experience.
- Basic knowledge of SQL, XML.
- Experience with process analysis, design & mapping.
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be able to work effectively with remote teams.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to client sites and assist with implementations.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Exposure to areas related to our global trade solution (import, export compliance, material classification, FTA, FTZ, etc.).
- Experience with solutions for global trade (ONESOURCE Global Trade, Integration Point, SAP GTS, Descartes, AmberRoad, E2Open, etc.)
- Experience implementing software including cloud solutions.
- Experience with ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle, SalesForce, NetSuite, Microsoft Dynamics, JDE, QAD, etc.
- Higher Education Degree or Diploma – Supply Chain, International Business or Computer Science preferred or Equal work experience.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Hybrid Work Model: Currently the majority of our employees are working within a hybrid environment consisting of in-office and remote work, and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines.
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; flexible and supportive benefits for work-life balance: company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- Purpose Driven Work: We have a superpower that we’ve never talked about with as much pride as we should – we are one of the only companies on the planet that helps its customers pursue justice, truth and transparency. Together, with the professionals and institutions we serve, we help uphold the rule of law, turn the wheels of commerce, catch bad actors, report the facts, and provide trusted, unbiased information to people all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Your application has been successfully submitted.