Director Regional Account Management
Full Job Description
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
The Regional Director Account Management is responsible for the strategic direction, leadership, and management of Account Management program within the Region. The Regional Director Account Management will provide leadership and oversight to the development, implementation and coordination of program models and business/resource development to maximize productivity, retain current revenues and drive additional revenue opportunities across all products and geographies.Essential Functions:
Develop and deliver JAS’ Strategic Account Management Strategy across the Regional network.
Implement, Assist, and Manage the program within the Region with both Tactical and Strategic functions as directed by the company for high profile accounts.
- Lead the Account Management program within the Region to implement regionally scalable solutions that drive the delivery consistent customer service and provide value-added programs that strengthen our global network and service offerings
- Provide leadership and direction for the development and implementation of program methods and tools to support key functional areas of commercial development
- Drive accountability, training, and more effective management of our client’s business
- Oversee the development and continuous improvement of strategies and plans to strengthen the overall health of our product and service portfolio
- Collaborate with Business Development, Product and Service analyzing market data to identify trends/opportunities, develop strategic direction from market information
- Develop Account Managers that fully understand accounts’ business strategy, objectives, and risks/constraints; continually focus efforts on providing solutions to achieving objectives and mitigating risks/constraints
- Continuously pursue and implement more efficiency and cost reduction measures
- Provide Account Management Program with market updates (trade agreements, strikes, new capacity being introduced, etc.) and educational support
- Ensure Account Management and Clients are aligned with the appropriate JAS resources, establish strategic alignment between product and our Executive Mgmt team across all Accounts, all Geographies.
- Ensure Accounts have a business development plan with short- and long-term business objectives, initiatives, and quantified value-added contributions
- Create standards, distribute, and maintain program standards.
- Develop and implement a program that penetrates client organizational structure and develop relationship across the account management infrastructure.
- Ensure each level of account management is adhering to program requirements (see Job Descriptions for Strategic / Regional / Local Account Management)
- Report to Senior and Executive Management Team key initiatives, program development, revenue, and gross profit growth.
- Set standards for business reviews; establish a quarterly review cycle, at a minimum for all strategic accounts.
- Ensure Account Managers are engaging Sales and Operations to participate in client meetings, presentations, and business reviews
- When necessary, travel to visit accounts/account sites and branches to review procedures and maintain customer information/satisfaction, deploy tools and train staff.
- Update status of progress on key business opportunities to Senior and Executive Management
- Develop an Account Management team that continuously focus on penetrating other areas of the business for additional support and to uncover additional business opportunities
- Ensure all company policies and regulatory requirements are strictly followed
Organizational Structure, Supervisory Responsibilities & Compensation
The Regional Director Account Management reports directly to the Regional VP of Sales with a dotted line to the VP Global Strategic Account Management.
The Regional Director Account Management has Global Strategic Account Manager and Regional Account Managers as well as Head of Country Account Management (where applicable) as direct reporting line and National / Local Account Managers via a dotted line.
The Regional Director Account Management will be eligible to participate in the Regional Director Account Management Bonus Plan.
- Minimum ten years’ experience in the industry, or a related service industry
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership/management
- Good analytical and program management skills
- Strong customer service, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills (leads by example)
- Internal/external sales skills
- Ability to build new relationships and foster existing relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Diverse background in logistics in the areas of management, operations, sales, account management and other sales support functions
- Strong understanding of financial metrics used in decision making; ability to build a sound business case to support innovation
- Demonstrate ability to influence decisions at all levels
- Implementation & Development of the program and tools
- Monthly GP report – Actual vs Budget
- Timely Monthly Executive Summaries from Team
- Timely completion / update of Business Plan from Team
- Effective RFQ preparation and QBR’s from Team
- Completed Improvement / Supply Chain optimization Initiatives (2 per Team member)
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to 50%) required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds .
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT “KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER.” JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.
Your application has been successfully submitted.