Logistics Specialist Lead
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
Oversee inbound and outbound logistics operations to attain Customer and Purcell quality, cost, and regulatory requirements.
As a member of the Purcell team, you will conduct business according to the details of your job description and the employee manual, with a commitment to continuous improvement and respect for people.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange inbound and outbound shipments, domestically and internationally.
- Review sales orders for pertinent details related to shipping. Communicate between departments to accomplish daily goals, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Lead and manage strategy and risk management for logistics efforts inclusive of management of outbound/inbound freight activities and adherence to customs and international rules and regulations. Act as liaison between brokers to ensure International procedures are followed.
- The preparation of export and domestic documentation including: AES submissions commercial invoices, packing lists, airway bills, Shipper’s Letter of Instructions, Certificate of Origins, NAFTA Documents and other documentation as required by U.S. Government regulations on NEI international and domestic shipping.
- Negotiate freight contracts and work with freight vendors to come up with effective, efficient, and cost-effective solutions. Handle the filing of damage claims against freight carriers.
- Ensuring consistent processes and practices in dealing with US Customs within the organization by screen all persons, companies, and freight forwarders against the Denied Parties list using Global Wizard Software
- The execution and routing of customer orders with appropriate INCO Terms, carriers, freight weights and volumes to meet delivery requirements
- Maintaining all departmental records in accordance with U.S. Government regulations and NEI record retention policies and practices
- Planning and coordinating import activities, including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions
- Maintaining compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of exported/imported products
- Researching and resolving carrier, customer, or supplier issues
- Schedule LTL transportation, negotiate rates with carriers for certain expedited shipments – both inbound and outbound.
- Promote and ensures compliance with internal practices and external policies, procedures, guidelines, & regulatory requirements.
- Support continuous improvement efforts with the team and promote healthy, respectful communications.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Business, Purchasing, or Logistics.
2. Knowledge and training on International rules and regulations with CBP, and GHS guidelines including Domestic shipping regulations with MNFC, DOT, and Hazmat requirements. Export and/or import trade compliance elements, e.g., Schedule B Codes, harmonized Tariff Schedules, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Classification Commodity Numbers, Customs entry process, Customs invoicing requirements, special trade program requirements, other government agency requirements, regulations and import/export issues (HTSUS, valuation, preferential tariff treatment programs – NAFTA, etc.) and a general understanding of US Customs law.
3. Minimum 3 years of logistics experience at a distribution center or manufacturing facility.
4. Must have a good knowledge of pro forma invoices, custom’s declarations, invoices, and foreign trade compliance process.
5. Knowledge of Hazardous or flammable materials and special shipping requirements for each.
6. Basic understanding of Lean manufacturing, ISO quality procedures, and Knowledge of shipping, receiving and inventory principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, with ability to negotiate preferred.
7. Demonstrated proficiency with operating internal and external software systems at an advanced level not limited to: Word, creating Excel spreadsheets, graphs and charts, preparing presentations and using statistical software to analyze and interpret process data.
8. Strong multi-tasking, attention to detail, written, verbal, and presentation skills required. Ability to accurately and thoroughly document processes, procedures, and training documents.
9. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
10. Proficiency with enterprise resource management system, SAP preferred.
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal physical demands.
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/Minority/Female/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Your application has been successfully submitted.