Global Trade Classification Specialist
Full Job Description
LOCATION 4287 Route 130 S Edgewater Park NJ US 08010
Are you innovative and do you excel in identifying opportunities to move business forward? Do you have a high level of integrity and thrive in fast paced , people oriented environments? If yes,come join one of the largest off-price retailers in the nation- join the Burlington Stores team as a Global Trade Classification Specialist !
The Global Trade Classification Specialist is responsible for the classification of approximately $500 million in Burlington merchandise annually. This position will classify products on over 4,000 US entries annually that are each subject to customs and participating government agency review.
The Global Trade Classification Analyst responsible for identifying the correct Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) code using the General Rules of Interpretation and all other applicable rules and regulations required for Burlington products to maintain corporate compliance with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), U.S. Department of Agriculture-APHIS, U.S. Fish and Wildlife (FWS), , U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and other participating government agency regulations. In addition, this position will determine whether additional duties or tariffs such as Anti-Dumping/Countervailing Duty (AD/CVD), China Section 301 Tariffs, Free Trade Agreements etc. are subject to the shipment.
This position will ensure that Burlington operates in conformity with industry and commodity specific rules and regulations in conjunction with US Customs and Burlington Management; this includes monitoring HTS classification changes set forth by Customs, researching binding rulings, communicating with the Centers of Excellence and Expertise (CEE) when necessary, while maintaining adherence to other government agency requirements. This position will coordinate regularly with Burlington’s Customs broker, merchants, and vendors to make certain all parties involved are informed of the specific and unique requirements needed for each commodity. In addition, this position is responsible for assisting merchants in market with pre-classification of product to allow the buyer to have a better understanding of the estimated landed cost (ELC) of the commodity.
- Accurately research all products being imported into the US by Burlington as the Importer of Record (IOR) and classify timely to ensure the correct duties are paid to US CBP upon arrival.
- Maintain compliance in reporting on Free Trade Agreements (FTA), AD/CVD cases, additional China Section 301 tariffs, etc. and communicate any significant changes in duty to Burlington’s Merchandise Import Operations (MIO) team and Burlington Sr. Management and legal department
- Vendor partnership to obtain additional required product information for classification purposes. Partner with Customs Broker and CEE for classification questions, updates and rulings. Build classification library for Burlington entries and auditing purposes
- Communicate all possible tariff engineering opportunities prior to product development when applicable in addition to pre-classification for ELC purposes
- Attend conferences, webinars, and meetings to stay current with industry updates and changes as they impact the company. Share learned knowledge with appropriate teams and Sr Management.
- US Customs Brokerage License preferred
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or 3 years of direct experience in Import US Classification . Relevant international operations and customs compliance, clearance, classification experience with keen knowledge of US Import Regulations as relates to Burlington process and commodities for US importation
…are excited to deliver great values to customers every day;
…take a sense of pride and ownership in helping drive positive results for a team;
…are committed to treating colleagues and customers with respect;
…believe in the power of diversity and inclusion;
…want to participate in initiatives that positively impact the world around you;
Come join our team. You’re going to like it here!
You will enjoy a competitive wage and comprehensive benefit package including a generous paid time off plan, a company matched 401(k) and an associate discount. We are a rapidly growing brand, and provide a variety of professional development opportunities so our associates can grow with us. We work hard and have fun together! Burlington associates make a difference in the lives of customers, colleagues, and the communities where we live and work every day. Burlington Stores, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
Posting Number 2022-183596
Location US-NJ-Edgewater Park
Address 4287 Route 130 S
Zip Code 08010
Workplace Type Hybrid
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Posted Date 7/27/2022 12:53 PM
Career Site Category Corporate
Position Category Supply Chain
Your application has been successfully submitted.