Trade Compliance Manager
We value passion, energy, and enthusiasm to ignite transformation in our industry.
Start your career journey with ChemPoint! Be part of our team that is transforming the chemical, ingredient, and industrial finished products industry.
The Trade Compliance Manager leads the team to develop, refine, and be responsible for the company’s trade compliance program, ensuring that imports/exports are compliant with domestic and international regulations. This position serves as the business’s subject matter authority and advisor on all trade-related matters, crafts training, and establishes SOPs. This position requires a deep understanding of the business processes beyond trade compliance and requires leadership in encouraging collaboration.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
- Provides Trade Compliance support while serving as Customs and Trade Compliance point of contact for United States, Mexico, and Canada to ensure corporate and regulatory compliance.
- Complete global Customs & Trade Compliance duty optimization projects for US, Canada, and Mexico. Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, and duty-avoidance.
- Certifies, generates, and signs FTAs as applicable, ensuring the business is taking advantage of available duty reduction programs.
- Drive import/export operations and compliance activities.
- Provides leadership in figuring out global classification designation for chemical products as applicable globally and maintains supporting records.
- Work closely with external suppliers, business unit supply chain teams, customs brokers, and freight forwarders to ensure timely import/export execution.
- Provide mentorship and training to local business collaborators, align SOPs for operations and implement critical metrics.
- Manage Customs House Brokers for performance, value creation and value beyond savings
- Manages approval and licensing procedures for all exports from the U.S. (e.g. ECCN, TSCA, DEA, ITAR etc.).
- Coordinates audit program of all exports to ensure proper record keeping
- Manage Trade Security Programs: Import and Export control, Sanction Party Screening, AEO, Forced Labor Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Monitors regulatory changes to ensure continued compliance with changing regulations.
- Provides overall direction and continued support as projects are implemented.
- Serves as a primary point of escalation internally and externally for all Compliance- related issues.
- Consults with senior management on upcoming regulatory changes that will affect the business.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Four-year degree in Business or International Trade or other related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Trade as Licensed Broker or Customs Writer.
- Strong knowledge of import and export compliance
- Experience in Business-to-Business (B2B) service organization or proven experience in similar role preferred.
- One or more of BIS U.S. Export Control Certification, CUSMA Certification, DEA certification, FDA import training certification, and/or REACH regulatory certification preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with Safety Data Sheets.
- Capable of encouraging others to consistently strive for high quality performance and continuous improvements.
- Experience with Power BI, Salesforce, Microsoft® Dynamics preferred
- Amazing company culture, purpose driven approach and work from home flexibility
- Ongoing training from management
- Opportunities for raises/promotions
- Career progression
- Benefits start first day of hire
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) provides unlimited vacation!
We are ChemPoint. We are fanatical about every customer and supplier interaction and dedicated to reaching customers and delivering actionable insights to enable producer success. We’re the leader in the marketing, sales, and distribution of specialty and fine chemicals. ChemPoint represents over 70 suppliers and 220 product lines in North America, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa.
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
ChemPoint supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges and respects the unique experiences, perspectives, and expertise of every employee. Through our dedicated Employee Resource Networks, we provide the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry while making a difference in our communities.
ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification
Your application has been successfully submitted.