Global Supply Chain Optimization Leader
Full Job Description
Location: Davidson, NC, US, 28036 US
Req ID: 2926
Ingersoll Rand is committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities.
Global Supply Chain Optimization Leader
REMOTE HYBRID – work remotely and on location in Davidson, NC as needed.
The Global Supply Chain Optimization Leader is a key position for the business and will be responsible for identifying, defining and leading opportunities to improve the Global Supply Chain TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) for Ingersoll Rand’s Power Tools & Lifting Division. This leader will build and execute a sustainable system to improve product availability and align the supply chain network to reduce time to customer delivery. The result will be a more responsive, agile and transparent supply chain that will adapt to unknown variables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Execute a Customer Focused Global Supply Chain Strategy to improve fill rates while optimizing logistics costs for components and finished goods, tariffs and IR manufacturing location costs. Includes leading end-to-end Value Stream mapping exercises to identify key areas of opportunity.
- Work with both the Commodity and NPD Sourcing teams to align strategically on TCO and identify Continuity of Supply risk. Ensure that supplier selection and development are in line with corporate strategies while balancing business unit needs in support of the customer.
- Build a program to identify and evaluate Make/Buy, Localization, Allocation and Footprint decisions.
- Support and develop a team that delivers outstanding results. Ensure robust talent acquisition, employee development, engagement and retention.
- Partner with global manufacturing plants to understand true cost and opportunities to improve utilization.
- Partner with the Corporate Logistics team to drive improvements in PTL’s Logistics practices and network optimization including trade compliance (Import/Export) and transportation management.
- Improve engagement with key stakeholders and establish communication channels between the cross functional teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensuring timelines and target dates are met. This requires effectively managing communication between multiple cross-functions (such as engineering, operations and suppliers).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Business or related field
- 7 + years procurement sourcing experience, consulting, buyer, and/or analyst experience
- Demonstrate competence in negotiating skills and assessing vendors.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience coordinating, facilitating discussions, consultation and conflict resolution skills
- Professional communication; both verbal and written are required.
- Ability to travel as needed - 25%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Supply Chain Acumen – Ability to drive global development and execution of supply chain strategies for assigned components or services to achieve optimal results in the key areas of Quality, Delivery, & Price.
- Project Management – Review and approve project plans, oversees project execution, balances projects between short and long-term focus, secures alignment with cross-functional partners.
- Global Business Thinking/Strategizing-Demonstrates deep global knowledge of suppliers, industry trends, emerging markets and technology, builds this knowledge into GSC strategies/playbooks, develops global talent.
- Problem Solving—Identifies/anticipates potential problems, supports root cause analysis, evaluates robustness of corrective action plan and oversees plan implementation.
- Relationship Management – Creates collaborative environment with cross-functional partners, assures regular/appropriate two-way communication flow, builds & maintains relationship with industry peers and suppliers.
#LI-MW2 #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
Ingersoll Rand Inc. (NYSE:IR), driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and ownership mindset, is dedicated to helping make life better for our employees, customers and communities. Customers lean on us for our technology-driven excellence in mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions across 40+ respected brands where our products and services excel in the most complex and harsh conditions. Our employees develop customers for life through their daily commitment to expertise, productivity and efficiency.
Your application has been successfully submitted.