Global Export Control Program Analyst
Eastman’s current hiring policy encourages and prefers new hires be fully vaccinated before reporting to work in this role when possible.
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,000 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2021 revenues of approximately $10.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This position will execute the strategy and implementation of a sophisticated global trade export controls program. This position is based at the Corporate Campus in Kingsport Tennessee and reports directly to the North America Global Trade Compliance and Strategy leader. The role is responsible for the trade-related requirements and regional execution of export controls, and executing the procedures provided by the Trade Compliance team. This person will be responsible for the cross-functional coordination involved in the import/export process to ensure compliance with federal regulations and internal policies, including, but not limited to, providing ECCN classifications, supporting site assessments, and supporting export reviews for global Eastman.
- Manage proper use and maintenance of product classification databases and properly assign Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) classifications as assigned to Eastman products.
- Maintain In-depth knowledge of both federal and global dual-use classification schema, referencing U.S. Commerce Control and U.S. Military, and outside U.S. regulations accordingly.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation is maintained and filed as related to any rulings (CCATS, CJ) so as to provide proper justifications of selected classifications.
- Become steward of the U.S. Export Compliance Manual and Corporate Technology Plan.
- Become steward of the U.S. Foreign National program.
- Support Business Development & Strategic Planning with opportunities to license technology packages.
- Develop and submit Export Control License requests to BIS as necessary.
- Work with manufacturing and technology areas to classify items of concern and document those items for tracking.
- Support, develop, and maintain a dashboard to measure and maintain key performance indicators relating to ECCN regulations.
- Participate in communication with government authorities as it pertains to classification audits/reviews.
- Ensures continual compliance with government rules and regulations, changes in policy, and other government matters through routine monitoring of regulations.
- Deliver and/or participate in training provided by Compliance on trade compliance.
- Support Trade Compliance related recordkeeping to global classifications.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience in international trade with an emphasis on the chemical industry and federal regulations.
- Minimum of 3 years import/export experience with emphasis on dual-use regulations, classifications, and license submission.
- SME level knowledge of and practical experience with dual-use goods.
- Demonstrated ability to identify compliance-related risk and make recommendations for mitigating risk.
- Experience working with trade compliance tools and processes.
- An ability to apply critical and creative thinking to complex problems, delivering solutions for businesses and the company.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and adjust priorities in a dynamic business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain interpersonal working relationships across functional and business organizational lines.
- An ability to effectively engage relevant trade authorities as required, delivering beneficial results for the company.
- An ability to influence through interpersonal working relationships, established trust and demonstrated expertise/knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English is required.
- Competent in reading and interpreting drawings/schematics, technical literature and compositions and analyzing dual-use regulations to proficiently ascertain the correct Export Control Classification Number codes for a variety of goods and technology.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.