Global Compliance Director
Full Job Description
We’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
What YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IN THIS POSITION:
In this role, you will get to drive and enable trade compliance excellence and related programs across the organization globally to minimize trade risks. You will develop and implement self-assessments, identify gaps, and create corrective action to support compliance across our global network. You will also have the opportunity to expand into other areas of compliance operations and execute on data driven decisions.
- Engage in conjunction with country/regional customs and trade organizations to document requirements, create functional and standardized processes within nVent’s global networks
- Provide legal counsel on and support the development of the strategy, delivery, and evaluation of the compliance program and monitoring procedures to ensure compliance with rules and regulations
- Lead a team and ensure a high-performance culture that emphasizes employee engagement, innovation, and alignment to a defined purpose and assess resources dedicated to the trade compliance function for each region/country
- Develop communications and training plans to ensure alignment with trade compliance governance processes
- Collaborate with operational leadership to develop required processes to ensure compliancy in regulatory changes
- Assess impact of global import and export control law and regulations on nVent’s business
- Develop, deploy, and improve global trade compliance program and procedures that meet evolving regulatory changes
- Collaborate with training departments in the creation of trade compliance training programs and appropriately identify and prioritize high-risk practices by country/region
- Work with nVent departmental leadership to develop a communication strategy for global trade compliance program to increase visibility of the function within nVent and enhance employees’ understanding/awareness of trade compliance issues
- Conduct internal investigations of compliance issues, and government inquiries, and handle responses and resolution. Provide guidance and oversight to others leading investigations.
- Collaborate with other compliance function team members on analytics development and periodic reporting (internally and externally)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; JD preferred
- Licensed Customs Broker desired
- 8+ years of experience in international trade within a global organization including experience in a compliance related function for both imports and exports
- 8+ years’ experience commensurate with extensive knowledge of handling imports and exports in accordance with foreign government regulations
- Experience interacting with global custom authorities and other government agencies
- Expert knowledge and understanding of global trade laws and regulations including those administered by CBP, BIS, OFAC, DDTC or similar global regulatory agency requirements
- Strong knowledge of Global (including North America, EU, EMEA/I, APAC) import/export compliance regulations
- Highly effective in a global matrix environment; influence and empower geographically dispersed and diverse teams to realize strategic visions
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- We are a $2.5 billion, high-performance electrical company with a dedicated team of 9,500+ people and trusted brands such as CADDY, ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial, residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- We encourage and support the philanthropic activities of our employees worldwide
- Through our nVent in Action matching program, we provide funds to nonprofit and educational organizations where our employees volunteer or donate money
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Innovative & adaptable
- Dedicated to absolute integrity
- Focused on the customer first
- Respectful and team oriented
- Optimistic and energizing
- Accountable for performance
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth.
Your application has been successfully submitted.