Associate Manager, Trade Compliance
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas (“OCA”) is looking for a Trade Compliance Manager to manage OCA’s compliance to Customs & Border Protection, Export Administration and Census Regulations through the management of all post-summary / post-transactional import/ export activities. This position will also identify, implement and manage duty mitigation strategies and serve as in-house subject matter expert on trade compliance regulations.
- Responsibility to mature the structure and controls of the company’s CTPAT Compliance Program
- Conduct risk assessments and take action to implement corrective actions when inconsistencies and non- compliant activities are identified
- Implement a robust monitoring process of import / export transactions through the use of trade data analysis
- Manage Post Summary Correction and Protest activities
- Manage the company’s Reconciliation Program
- Identify and implement duty mitigation strategies such as Drawback, Special Tariff Programs and First Sale for Export.
- Serve as an in-house subject matter expert on trade regulations including import/export product valuation and substantial transformation
- Interpret regulations for specific company related situations and provide logical actionable guidance
- Continually utilize ACE and AES data reporting to support projects, and compliance testing
- Manage other special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working in progressively challenging responsibilities within a trade compliance role preferably within manufacturing or the medical equipment industry.
- Minimum of 0 to 2 years of experience managing and developing people.
- Licensed Customs Broker.
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. customs and export regulations.
- Extensive technical skills in entry review and import/export transaction data elements.
- Good understanding of FDA import requirements
- Advanced Knowledge of CBP’s Automated Commercial Environment (“ACE”).
- Minimal travel for company business
- Must have data analytical and critical thinking skills and be detailed oriented.
- Excellent research, writing and effective verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft office, especially excel.
- Strong action-oriented individual.
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus…True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough ||
Your application has been successfully submitted.