Global Customs Analyst (REMOTE)
Full Job Description
This is a temporary position of undetermined length
The Defense Global Customs Organization is looking for a professional with experience executing Customs compliance and operations work in an exporter/importer environment (preferred) or experience with Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, Department of State & Commerce Licensing, policy, or government relations field in Customs Brokerage to fill the role of Import Declaration Advisor. This position will plan, organize, and implement day-to-day import transactions to achieve targeted results in a fast paced and challenging environment. This person must be a team player who is willing to learn and adapt to the company’s business needs. This role serves as an import declaration primary point of contact for one or more businesses.
The Import Declarations Advisor reports to the Site Lead directly and matrix-reports to the Sr. Operations Manager.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Translates regulatory declaration requirements into comprehensive easy-to-understand consultative guidance in order to ensure compliance and facilitate shipment execution.
- Works with internal programs and function; Global Trade, Shipping, Receiving, International Logistics, Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders.
- Reviews valuation, country of origin and product related information obtained for accuracy
- Generates the required documentation necessary for import clearance instructions using SAP-based and other systems
- Ensures compliant submission of import entry instructions to Customs Brokers, including management of customer expectations through collaboration, complete record keeping packages, and management of licensing requirements.
- Assesses the accuracy of documentation provided by Customs Broker
- Monitors, escalates, and resolves Agent-filer service failures.
- Operates in accordance with standard operating procedures. Recommends updates to processes and tools to accommodate compliant and facilitative goods flow.
- Represents the organization as primary contact for import declaration filings with internal customers and third party service providers
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to respond efficiently and effectively to time-critical issues with competing / conflicting priorities.
- Detailed and task oriented self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a remote team environment
- Some familiarity with Export/Import/Customs Experience
- Microsoft Office applications, SAP based systems, ITCS, RGEMS
- Excellent customer relationship/interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of urgency
- Ability to adapt to change
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Familiar with ACE, HTS, export/import valuation, ITAR/EAR regulation familiarity
- Other Government Agency requirements such as FDA, EPA, DDTC and Free Trade Agreements.
- Familiar with ABI, DDTC, HTS, export/import valuation, Other Government Agency requirements, Free Trade Agreements and CBP processes, U.S. Government export regulations to generate compliant export declaration filings (EEI filings)/import declaration filings (BEI).
- Knowledge of the Customs Compliance Regulations (domestic/global import/export and application of export/import trade regulations
Desired Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree + experience executing Customs Compliance and Operations work in an Exporter/importer environment or Customs Brokerage, Freight Forwarding, Department of State & Commerce Licensing, policy, or government relations field or in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, will consider an equivalent combination of education and directly applicable work experience.
US Citizenship Required:
This position requires access to systems/tools that are restricted to individuals who possess US citizenship
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.