Customs Analyst, Global Trade Compliance
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
CUSTOMS ANALYST, GLOBAL TRADE COMPLIANCE
As a Customs Analyst, you will help the business understand and navigate applicable trade laws and regulations in the United States and internationally.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to review import readiness and gather information and documentation, where necessary, to ensure demands and schedules are met, primarily for the Starlink business.
- Manage the application and submission of import licenses/permits and other applicable documents in various countries worldwide.
- Troubleshoot import holds and international broker questions.
- Audit import entries and, where applicable, work with key stakeholders to drive improvements.
- Support country import set-up.
- Other trade compliance support, including training internal stakeholders, as needed.
- BS/BA or foreign equivalent from an accredited school
- 3+ years of experience with international trade compliance matters
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: French, Spanish, or Portuguese
- Licensed Customs Broker with Department of Homeland Security
- Prior international assignments or projects
- Experience working in the aerospace and/or telecommunications industry
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Your application has been successfully submitted.