Customs Governance Leader (Remote)
Full Job Description
Job Description Summary
***This is a remote role.
The Customs Governance leader is responsible for establishing the company-wide Compliance Program for Customs. The core responsibilities are to define and assess methods to determine global risk and define compliance requirements in the form of minimum standards and expectations. The Global Leader will have overall responsibility to manage and maintain oversight of the business’s effectiveness to the minimum expectations globally.Job Description
- Define and roll out the GE HealthCare Customs Governance (CCG) strategy, transitioning from the General Electric Customs Enterprise Standard to the minimum requirement for the businesses.
- Define and roll out GE HealthCare Customs Governance (CCG) policies to include minimum requirements, escalation protocol, key controls and KPIs and consequence management
- Liaise with other GE HealthCare Compliance team members to define and execute GE HealthCare’s overall Compliance program.
- Educate the business on the CCG policies to enable the business to set up their compliance programs
- Coordinate with the business and establish the auditing & monitoring reviews
- Perform assurance testing on top risk areas for the business, synergizing any outcome collaboratively within the business
- Support and collaborate with any internal audits and external government audits. Maintain oversight for corrective action implementation
- Review business procedures to ensure alignment with the CCG policy during audits and assurance testing
- Manage Customs suppliers to achieve cost and quality targets
- Serve as a change agent by seeking, sharing and implementing best practices from global peers
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in Customs, Operations, or Supply Chain
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15 % of the time
- University degree in a Customs related area such as supply chain management, business administration, or international trade, preferred
- Experience in standing up a Customs function is highly desirabl
- Experience working in a matrixed organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong leadership ability
- Demonstrated LEAN process mind-set
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading a team
NOTE: this position can be remote and can sit in U.S. or internationally
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.