Trade Compliance Analyst
We value passion, energy, and enthusiasm to ignite transformation in our industry.
Start your career journey with ChemPoint! Be part of our team that is transforming the chemical, ingredient, and industrial finished products industry.
The Trade Compliance Analyst is to ensure that imports, and exports are aligned with relevant regulations, both within the United States as well as in other applicable markets. This position reports to the Compliance Trade Manager and serves as an advisor on all trade matters. This position requires a deep understanding of the ChemPoint’s business processes beyond trade compliance and requires leadership encouraging collaboration with Commercial, Finance, and Operation teams; act as a liaison with our parent company Univar Solutions.
A DAY IN YOUR NEW CAREER:
- Determines global classification designation for chemical products as applicable globally and maintains supporting records.
- Leads approval and licensing procedures for all exports from the U.S. (e.g. ECCN, TSCA, DEA, etc.).
- Act as project lead regarding regulatory involvement in ChemPoint’s global expansion efforts.
- Leads approval of all imports into the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, and all aspects of compliance of all supporting documentation.
- Certifies, generates, and signs FTAs as applicable, ensuring the business is taking advantage of available duty reduction programs.
- Oversee regulatory changes to ensure continued compliance with changing regulations.
- Builds and manages SOP for regulatory compliance processes.
- Assists in administrative inquiries, voluntary self-disclosures, and implementation of related corrective actions.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or International Trade preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in Trade as Licensed Broker or Customs Writer.
- One or more of BIS U.S. Export Control Certification, CUSMA Certification, DEA Import Training Certification, FDA Import Training Certification, and/or REACH Regulatory Certification preferred.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, with strong Excel skills
- Knowledge and experience working with Power BI, Salesforce, Microsoft® Dynamics preferred.
- Solid understanding of HTS and Customs rulings, with ability to recognize potential flags based on product descriptions, and provide guidance to suppliers, customers, and service providers.
- Amazing company culture, purpose driven approach and work from home flexibility
- Ongoing training from management
- Career progression
- Benefits start first day of hire
- Flexible Time Off (FTO) provides unlimited vacation!
We are ChemPoint. We are fanatical about every customer and supplier interaction and dedicated to reaching customers and delivering actionable insights to enable producer success. We’re the leader in the marketing, sales, and distribution of specialty and fine chemicals. ChemPoint represents over 70 suppliers and 220 product lines in North America, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa.
We offer a Total Rewards package that includes market aligned pay and incentives as well as a diverse benefits offering to support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing.
ChemPoint supports sustainable solutions for the world around us so that we can do our part to help keep our communities healthy, fed, clean, and safe!
We are committed to a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion. Together, we are building a culture that acknowledges and respects the unique experiences, perspectives, and expertise of every employee. Through our dedicated Employee Resource Networks, we provide the development and growth opportunities to empower us to redefine our industry while making a difference in our communities.
ChemPoint is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification
Your application has been successfully submitted.