International Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
International Trade Compliance Manager
Location: UK Mobile Worker
Are you ready to make an impact?...
The role holder will provide support in trade compliance, advising and assisting both internal and external stakeholders, as required. The role shall report to the UK Senior International Trade Compliance Manager.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The role holder main duties and responsibilities shall include, but not limited to:
- Deploy and adherence with all applicable Leidos trade compliance procedures, processes and mandates to assigned Programme(s)
- Conduct trade compliance denied party Screening process, as applicable
- Perform assurance checks with all Import Clearances, to ensure they are properly performed and the appropriate records are maintained
- Conduct and perform Import clearances - supporting the International Trade Compliance Analyst, where necessary. Can include dealing with both internal (e.g. Procurement, Programme Management and Finance) and External stakeholders (e.g. Suppliers, custom brokers and HMR&C)
- Contribute in the development and management of Trade Compliance tools, such as the Vector site and TC PRISM page, seeking efficiencies for business/programmes
- Maintain and update the databases/records of all UK and US export Authorisations for the business programmes
- Support the International Trade Compliance Analyst with input to TC Metrics/KPIs, as well as, metrics requested or beneficial to the Programmes.
- Conduct reviews and approvals/refusals to UK Exports both intangible and tangible requests) made by the Programmes
- Conduct reviews and approvals/refusals to UK travel requests, both via ITRS and Vector, for applicable programmes. Where appropriate, issuing travel asset letters
- Conduct reviews and approvals/refusals to business Vector site requests and other IT tools as directed in support of programme demands
- Perform and support TC training, communications and awareness campaigns, as directed by the UK Senior International Trade Compliance and specifically in support of the appropriate programmes
- Assist in business investigations, where required, ensuring TC matters are fully managed toward closure
- Assist in business quality and audits (assurance) activities with both internal (e.g. CIRC) and external parties (e.g. ECJU and HMR&C)
- Maintain TC risk register by programmes, providing a monthly report to the UK Senior International Trade Compliance Manager
- Support the UK Senior International Trade Compliance, as directed, with activities, including bid work and specific Programme or Functional demands and needs
- Ideally degree educated or possess strong experience in Trade Compliance/Export Controls or similar
- Be able to work flexibly
- Well organised with experience of implementing and managing extensive records and filing systems
- Experience in managing both US Export Controls (ITAR and EAR), and UK Export Controls
- Ability to act independently with integrity and work as a team, dealing with various stakeholders in a variety of levels.
- Numerate with solid IT skills, including MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Demonstrable initiatives – ability to raise issues to benefit the business and mitigate non-compliances
- Ability to obtain and maintain a UK SC security clearance level
- Solid English written and verbal communication skills
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Experience of Audit/Assurance activity
- Experience within the Defence sector
- Experience in developing and/or managing collection / databases / Metrics / KPIs etc.
- Clearance to Start: BPSS
- Clearance for Role: SC
Rewrite your career with Leidos UK! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to unleash your potential...
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
- Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
- Dynamic Working
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plans that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.