Trade Compliance Analyst
Trade Compliance Analyst- provides guidance to company employees on a multitude of export compliance issues, including interpretation and application of the International Traffic and Arms Regulation (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and other trade related laws and regulations. This position supports Valiant Integrated Services’ Global Trade Compliance department in preparing export authorization applications, monitoring, and regulating the export and import of technical data, hardware, and export-controlled activities, and conducting several other related activities to achieve business objectives while maintaining strict compliance with U.S. trade laws and regulations.
- Prepares, submits, and manages import/export authorizations required to achieve business objectives utilizing the OCR/EASE Export Management System Responsible for conducting or assisting with export control classifications (USML/ECCN/HTS/CoO)
- Perform thorough, accurate and documented compliance reviews of export shipments
- Support and provide day to day assistance regarding export control issues and assists company personnel on export-related question
- Receiving and processing documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Meeting program objectives and schedules by processing applications in a timely manner and managing the authorization throughout its lifecycle
- Identifying inaccuracies and reporting them in a timely manner to mitigate risks to the organization
- Understands and applies U.S. export regulations (International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), BATFE regulations, etc..), and company export policies and monitors regulatory and policy environment as it relates to U.S. export laws and regulations
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor
- Ability to assess, where necessary, the need to escalate issues to ensure a satisfactory outcome
- Maintenance and up-keep of databases and spreadsheets to ensure an accurate, legible, and auditable record of transactions Supports internal customers with the review/approval of travel requests, visit requests, international orders, document reviews, and international shipments
- Monitors internal and external performance and reports any deviations to appropriate program and functional leadership
- Coordinates training with program personnel and maintains training records
- Assists with audits and internal investigations
- Works closely with program management to ensure constant awareness of operational requirements, personnel movement, and management transitions
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required Experience & Skills: Proficient computer skills including all Microsoft office applications.
- Strong planning, time management, and organizational skills with demonstrated experience managing multiple deadlines supporting regulatory requirements and business objectives.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and to operate effectively without direct supervision.
- Takes accountability for decisions.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Business, International Business, Education, International Trade, Finance, Engineering, Technical, Business/Administration, Law, Supply Chain Management, Export/Import Compliance, Business Administration, or International Studies Preferred
- Experience & Skills: Experience with OCR/EASE Export Management System is highly desired Empowered Official in current position U.S. military veteran or experience in the defense industrial base
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Valiant Integrated Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
NOTICE: Valiant Integrated Services NEVER asks job applicants to issue any payment or service fees to Valiant or its recruiters as part of our application process. Before providing any personal information to outside parties, verify that the job you are applying for appears on our Careers site.
Your application has been successfully submitted.